Service

:
2017 CX-5
Closing in on 15k miles on my 17 CX5. Anyone have a dealer do a 15k miles service yet? If so, what did it include and approximate cost? Thanks

Oil change. Tire rotation. Also, a friend of mine is a service manager at Mazda. He told me to have them "lube the slides" at the second maintenance. This helps prolong the life of your brakes, apparently. I trust the guy so I did it. That was an extra $60.

Check your dealer's website. Most have "coupon" service specials. Our dealer is $49.95 oil change (full synthetic) and tire rotation.

Oil change. Tire rotation. Also, a friend of mine is a service manager at Mazda. He told me to have them "lube the slides" at the second maintenance. This helps prolong the life of your brakes, apparently. I trust the guy so I did it. That was an extra $60.

I wonder if that is greasing the rod that is covered by a soft rubber gasket?

I changed my rotors several times on my 09 accord and would grease those up. Its one of the few moving parts on the brakes.

Closing in on 15k miles on my 17 CX5. Anyone have a dealer do a 15k miles service yet? If so, what did it include and approximate cost? Thanks

Read the service manual for what you need. I believe an oil/oil filter change, tire rotation. (RTM)

Do itemized services.
So called ??K-mile services are designed to take money out of your pockets.

sounds good especially when you see your dealer's oil service "special" and the coupon they provide

SAVE!
Standard Oil
Special Price: $55.95
Synthetic Oil
Special Price: $75.95

of course, they offer a $5 off coupon on services $50 - $99, but still...

I thought that synthetic oil was standard in ALL engines, especially in the Mazda showroom since they recommend a 0w-20/5w-20. Do they even make a 0w-20 "standard" oil...either someone isn't reading the owners manual or the dealer hasn't left the '80s on their service practices...

$60 to lube the slides....thats cheap.

Do they even make a 0w-20 "standard" oil...either someone isn't reading the owners manual or the dealer hasn't left the '80s on their service practices...

You can find a few 0w20 blends, but you won't find a 0w20 conventional. The vast majority of 0w20 is going to be synthetic.

Back