CX-9 Signature interior color more red or brown?

Ssteigss10

:
2019 CX-9 GT Machine Grey
For those that own a Signature can u tell me if the interior is more red or brown? Ive looked at many pictures online and quickly in person.Mazdas website looks very brown. Other pics apoear very red. The color varies greatly depending on light. Just curious for those that have lived with it for a while. Also any regrets on going with the nappa seats?

For those that own a Signature can u tell me if the interior is more red or brown? Ive looked at many pictures online and quickly in person.Mazdas website looks very brown. Other pics apoear very red. The color varies greatly depending on light. Just curious for those that have lived with it for a while. Also any regrets on going with the nappa seats?

Its just like you said, the color looks different depending on the light, which would be the same for any interior. My interior looks like all of the ones on Google images at different times of the day. The colour really punches through after an application of 303 though, and I would call it more of a reddish-brown than a brownish-red, if that makes sense.

No regrets on the napa seats so far, other than trying to figure out how to maintain them. Some say that besides soap and water, you should use a water and stain protectant and leather conditioner to keep it looking new. Others say you just need to wipe it clean when it gets dirty because the leather is already treated. I plan to clean with soap and water, and treat with 303 once or twice a year.

I would say it's definitely more red than brown, but that being said, it is definitely nowhere near the "red" of red interiors of other cars. I love the color, no regrets whatsoever, and it looks great alongside the wood trim as well. Gets lots of compliments every time someone gets in the car.

No regrets for me on getting the napa; on the contrary, as with others, I get lots of compliments. For me, the napa color is almost different depending on the exterior trim color. I disliked it with a white exterior but loved it with the machine grey exterior, which I purchased. How odd, because once you get in the car you don't see much of the exterior color other than the hood and mirrors! It was probably more apparent when I first opened the driver's door and could see more of the exterior color against the interior color.

Its just like you said, the color looks different depending on the light, which would be the same for any interior. My interior looks like all of the ones on Google images at different times of the day. The colour really punches through after an application of 303 though, and I would call it more of a reddish-brown than a brownish-red, if that makes sense.

No regrets on the napa seats so far, other than trying to figure out how to maintain them. Some say that besides soap and water, you should use a water and stain protectant and leather conditioner to keep it looking new. Others say you just need to wipe it clean when it gets dirty because the leather is already treated. I plan to clean with soap and water, and treat with 303 once or twice a year.

I used to own a 2004 Volvo V70R with amazing dark blue leather seats. The advice I got was to use a spray solution of 1 part Woolite to 6 parts water, since Woolite is a delicate soap product. Then a nice conditioner like Lexol. Kept the seats clean and beautiful. I'm thinking that might work with the CX9 nappa leather.

I would describe the color as brick red

+1

BTW, I have had several cars with Nappa leather. Whatever you do, don't use any sort of harsh cleaner on it, just a damp cloth regularly and a good leather treatment, applied sparingly, no more than once a year.

Yup... definitely more red than brown. And its beautiful.

It looks like the majority of the pics you've seen online. The pics that start to look red-orangy have flawed color balance in the camera shots.

Sometimes the colour on the pics don't do real justice so if I were you go to a dealership to see it in actual looks! I like that it somehow changes...when a bit cloudy outside the nappa leather appears more reddish brown but when sunny and bright outside the leather looks more on the orange-brown side. The same happens to the dash with that matching chroma brown colour (that's what it's called here in Cda)

No regrets so far on the colour/nappa leather and honestly looks a bit unique vs the common black or beige...that was one of the main reasons I took it as my wife only agreed to it if it was the chroma brown! As for nappa leather, well it's ok and would've preferred better stitching on them but I found my prev Volvo had a better leather texture, quality and stitching than Mazda

Back