2018 CX-5 - Front Bumper / Front End Parts Question

awdfan

:
CX-5 2018 GT
Long story short I was an idiot and now have my first two dents. I typically would not sweat it but as the car has about 1k miles on it, I would like to fix it. The two parts I damaged were the front hood end "spoiler" (not sure what this piece is called) and what I would describe as the plastic unpainted radiator cover. I tried to look around Mazda parts websites but have not been able to get a ballpark of what these parts cost as I do not know what they are called.

Note: There is poor lighting on my image but if you look closely you will see the damage (which is actually a small imprint of the outline of the garage door frame:( ).

• Can you help me with the correct terminology for both of these pieces?
  • Do you know if the top hood spoiler thing, is actually separate (which is what it looks like to me and gives me hope that it wont be too expensive to replace).

image1.jpg

Long story short I was an idiot and now have my first two dents. I typically would not sweat it but as the car has about 1k miles on it, I would like to fix it. The two parts I damaged were the front hood end "spoiler" (not sure what this piece is called) and what I would describe as the plastic unpainted radiator cover. I tried to look around Mazda parts websites but have not been able to get a ballpark of what these parts cost as I do not know what they are called.

Note: There is poor lighting on my image but if you look closely you will see the damage (which is actually a small imprint of the outline of the garage door frame:( ).

• Can you help me with the correct terminology for both of these pieces?
  • Do you know if the top hood spoiler thing, is actually separate (which is what it looks like to me and gives me hope that it wont be too expensive to replace).

View attachment 219669

Call your local dealer or better yet, go to your local dealer and they will help you find the part numbers and quotes. If you're looking to replace the painter piece, the replacement will not come painted, so a body shop will need to paint it for you.

Back