Help with diagnosing non working rear hatch

Cx5NY

:
2014 cx5 touring AWD
Hey guys,

2014 cx5 touring. Hatch stopped opening.

I unplugged the electronic button after removing the hatch panel and probed the wires together and the hatch still won't open. Wondering if there's anything other way to test to see where the issue is? I am thinking the two wire plug just an open circut and when you press the button you complete the circut and activate the hatch lock to open. I could be wrong though and just want to reach out here to see if I'm missing something. As of now since probing the wires together in the switch connector didn't do anything I'm leaning towards the fact the hatch lock mechanism may have went bad. But any input would be appreciated!

Just tried that with no luck. When you press the button nothing happens, it has only two wires and when they are jumped together nothing happens. So I think it's safe to assume it's something else. My next guess is the latch locking motor. Is there a way to test this motor? I'm trying to find a wiring diagram to supply 12 volt to the connector, or the test voltage at it's wiring to try and diagnose further

Back