Love my CX5

:
CX5
I purchased my SRCM CX5 GT with the premium package about 8 weeks ago, and it's the best car I've ever owned. In the past, I've owned Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees, but the CX5 is better than both of those vehicles in my opinion. I recently rode in my friend's new Audi Q5, and I have to say that I prefer my CX5. I've had none of the paint chip problems that I've been hearing about, but I guess it's early days yet......so far no issues though. But for $30,012 out the door, this vehicle is amazing. Love it. (drive)

I purchased my SRCM CX5 GT with the premium package about 8 weeks ago, and it's the best car I've ever owned. In the past, I've owned Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees, but the CX5 is better than both of those vehicles in my opinion. I recently rode in my friend's new Audi Q5, and I have to say that I prefer my CX5. I've had none of the paint chip problems that I've been hearing about, but I guess it's early days yet......so far no issues though. But for $30,012 out the door, this vehicle is amazing. Love it. (drive)

The cx5 isnt as nice as the Jeep in my experience but it WILL stay out of the damn shop for more tha 2 months in a row.

Glad you are enjoying it, welcome to the club. Well, I have been since I got mine early January of this year. Not a day that I don't enjoy driving it. No issues with paint chip so far but I always fear the rock chip on the windshield so I usually stay far back especially after replacing it back on June. Don't forget to add accessories (aftermarket) to enjoy it more.

Now going for the 2nd maintenance ... hitting 16k km next week ... free maintenance service again due to holding my car overnight when they replaced my overpriced windshield.

I am liking my CX5 so far - I have two long term concerns - Carbon Build Up and lifetime Transmission. Well most American car brands are too low a bar to clear. I have not seen any of their cars in youtube comparisons except Ford and we know Ford is closing shop wrt cars. Well if the car dates well and I know the engine is good I might get a new Transmission fitted if my old one blows out. At this point - my cX5 is a 120K car like my Camry - I will sell those at 120-150k miles based on how well they hold up.

CX-5 > Cherokee
Grand Cherokee > CX-9 (by a smidgen)

By what matrice? My mid-level 2010 Jeep had a lot more than my mid-level 2015 CX5 in the way of "That's nice". Like...another planet level of "That's nice". The newer Jeeps are even better, by far, but then, so is the new CX5

By what matrice? My mid-level 2010 Jeep had a lot more than my mid-level 2015 CX5 in the way of "That's nice". Like...another planet level of "That's nice". The newer Jeeps are even better, by far, but then, so is the new CX5

jeep owners are a cult. :p

My sister has had nothing but problems with Grand Cherokees, but she keeps buying them.

After driving my wife's CX-5 for a week. I have to say the only difference between it and my '18 BMW X3 is driving dynamics and comfort. Features are mostly 1:1. In fact, BSW is superior in the CX-5. I'm a BMW guy. (shrug)

jeep owners are a cult. :p

My sister has had nothing but problems with Grand Cherokees, but she keeps buying them.

After driving my wife's CX-5 for a week. I have to say the only difference between it and my '18 BMW X3 is driving dynamics and comfort. Features are mostly 1:1. In fact, BSW is superior in the CX-5. I'm a BMW guy. (shrug)

I agree with that, although I didn't fit the definition or "join the cult". People keep buying them because they have $100K features in a $40K vehicle, which is part of why they are so bad. You get what you pay for.

I like Jeep's designs. Would hate to be in shop all the time.

Heard they were having an Electric Jeep Wrangler which means less moving parts = more reliability?

This is IMO, as always.
Remember my MIL has a 16 Cherokee so I am very familiar with these 2 cars AND when I was shopping it came down to these 2 cars.
2016.5 CX5 v 2016 Cherokee
Why the 5 is better?
Transmission = better.
Looks = better.
Infotainment system + believe it or not = better (although the Jeep one does have SOME pros... it's not awful)
Infotainment input (Commander knob) = better
BSM = better. Better looking icon, perfect amount of sensitivty
View from the drivers seat = better
Backup camera = better (I'm sorry for those of you that think bendy lines are neat... they're dumb and you don't need them)
Reliability (so far)= better.
VERY imo: I much prefer HARD BUTTONS for the Heated Seats instead of on screen ones.

There's more but to be fair to the Jeep:
The hatch area is pretty cool, I gotta admit, providing some rails to secure cargo.
Reclining rear seats = better
Rear AC vents = better
Heated steering wheel = better

Oops. These features were added to the CX-5 the very next year.
HOWEVER, to Jeeps credit, you can add the steering wheel package to the top 3 or 4 trims on the Jeep NOT only the top of the line one.

Latest posts

Back