New Owner - Red beauty

Starfire2015

:
Mazda, CX 9 GT, Red/Black
Hello, I have been reading through this forum for a while now and this past weekend finally turned in my 2015 Lexus GS and got 2018 GT in Red with Black interior. And Wow! I expected to like the car from test driving it but not this much! What a great automobile.

Congrats!! Its a great car. I'll bet the red gets you a lot of looks. Post a pic and show it off!

Thank you sm1ke! I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to add them with Tapatalk.
Btw, big thank you for posting all the how tos , I already ordered bulbs for the cargo area, back up lights and license plate.

Next up is tinting my new baby, do you know what is the factory tint % in the back windows?

Thank you sm1ke! I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to add them with Tapatalk.
Btw, big thank you for posting all the how tos , I already ordered bulbs for the cargo area, back up lights and license plate.

Next up is tinting my new baby, do you know what is the factory tint % in the back windows?

No problem, happy to help! A lot of those are only there because I had help from other CX-9 owners and Mazda owners.

I believe factory tint in the rear is 30 or 35%, though I'm not 100% sure - best bet would be to call up the dealership or get your tinter to check for you.

Congrats on the new ride! I hope you can get some quality pics up soon; Currently torn between GT AWD in Red w/sand versus a Sig in Silver. My wife and I aren't into the dark paint colors - or white - and we aren't into all black interior either. At least we agree. As mentioned in another thread, there are not very many 18 CX9s seen on the road; the CX5's on the other hand - all years - are like dead people in the 6th Sense... they are everywhere, all the time.

Silver will hide paint imperfection a lot better than all the other colors. The red will show all the rock chips, scratches, swirls

Thanks guys! I will post some pics this weekend.
Color is beautiful, I never saw myself getting a red car (always had gray or white) but I am very happy with it. It changes color under different light and definitely stands out in a crowd.
I already changed license plate, back up and cargo lights (took about 15min for all) and I will be getting it tinted in a weeks time. Thinking of putting 50 on the back windows (mostly for sun protection) and 33ish on the fronts. Now just need to do the subwoofer mod, already ordered some polyfill and sonic barrier sheets.

Back