Thread: Knock sound from rear of CX-5 when cold start and accelerating

Registered Member

Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT

Knock sound from rear of CX-5 when cold start and accelerating

Any one has this?
    It happened for me around a month now for my 2017 cx5
    Only when I parked my car (turn off the car) and let it cool down for a moment (at least 10 minutes) and next time when I start and shift to drive and pressing the gas pedal slightly (low speed) the car start moving I can hear a very minor click/knock sound from back (or middle??) of my car, and this only happens once each time, but when I drive on the road, stop or even I move to Park it will not has this sound again.
    I dropped to the dealer today and they can't replicate this issue for the test drive, but it's really annoying for me as it's still a new car.
    Any one has experience for this?

Thanks
    Last edited by fenglin911a; 08-25-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT

I uploaded a video as well, it at the 8 seconds, any one can hear this? It's very soft in the video but I can hear it every time when I start my car and drive.
    Next time I will provide it to the dealer.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by fenglin911a View Post
    Any one has this?
    It happened for me around a month now for my 2017 cx5
    Only when I parked my car (turn off the car) and let it cool down for a moment (at least 10 minutes) and next time when I start and shift to drive and pressing the gas pedal slightly (low speed) the car start moving I can hear a very minor click/knock sound from back (or middle??) of my car, and this only happens once each time, but when I drive on the road, stop or even I move to Park it will not has this sound again.
    I dropped to the dealer today and they can't replicate this issue for the test drive, but it's really annoying for me as it's still a new car.
    Any one has experience for this?

Thanks
    I had the same exact issue ! it's like a loud clicking sound coming from the middle of the car under the driver seat right ?

I have a felling it's your rear break pad peg not lined up with the groove of the rear driver piston groove.

see my post #22 here in this link : https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...26#post6596526

Have the dealer check out the rear pads especially the pad in contact withe the caliper piston, I bet the groove is not completely lined up correctly, mine was off from the factory.

The clicking sound your hearing I think is the groove pushing and slipping on the brake pad peg.

Registered Member

Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT

Quote Originally Posted by blackcx5 View Post
    I had the same exact issue ! it's like a loud clicking sound coming from the middle of the car under the driver seat right ?

I have a felling it's your rear break pad peg not lined up with the groove of the rear driver piston groove.

see my post #22 here in this link : https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...26#post6596526

Have the dealer check out the rear pads especially the pad in contact withe the caliper piston, I bet the groove is not completely lined up correctly, mine was off from the factory.

The clicking sound your hearing I think is the groove pushing and slipping on the brake pad peg.

Thanks very much!! I will definitely let them check that!