No beep from backup cam

psollitto

:
2018 CX-5 GT
My new 2018 CX-5 GT's backup camera does not beep when I get close to an object.
Is there a way to turn it on? My 2014 CX-9 had a button to turn it on/off.

Never heard of a beep. I have a 2014 CX-5 and it most certainly does not beep.

2018 CX-5's in USA & Canada don't come with rear parking sensors as standard.

Currently on the 2018 Mazda 6 signature comes with this along with front parking sensors along with 360 view monitor.

Next CX-5 update should bring this feature

Itll beep from blind spot monitoring if you have the right trim and package. Itll see a car coming from either side and beep.

It will not beep if you are backing into a wall. There are no standard proximity sensors in the bumpers in the US model.

Yea only cross traffic alert will beep when youre in reverse. Theres no backup sensor stock but you can get them installed if you desire. Its pointless though since you can just use the red line in the camera to measure the distance

Yea only cross traffic alert will beep when you*re in reverse. There*s no backup sensor stock but you can get them installed if you desire. It*s pointless though since you can just use the red line in the camera to measure the distance

Not actually pointless. If you get distracted and not looking at the camera, the sensors will help you avoid an incident.

Back