Protege5 Headlight Intake Project

It's a 2 1/2" but you can borrow the whole kit if you wanna come and get it ... lol

It's a 2 1/2" but you can borrow the whole kit if you wanna come and get it ... lol

i'll be right over! quick update. cut off the highbeam reflector.

IMG_2416-XL.jpg

IMG_2417-XL.jpg

My car's Canadian but I'm not seeing black ??
Is it a model year thing ??

Weird. Back in the day I bought a set of Canadian headlights for my P5 because they had black housings. Someone must have either imported your car or got in a fender bender and replaced the headlights with US ones. Protege5 Canadian headlights are the only black-housing ones that are aimed correctly for a LHD car. (detect)

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123840544-OEM-Canadian-P5-Headlights

Weird. Back in the day I bought a set of Canadian headlights for my P5 because they had black housings. Someone must have either imported your car or got in a fender bender and replaced the headlights with US ones. Protege5 Canadian headlights are the only black-housing ones that are aimed correctly for a LHD car. (detect)

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123840544-OEM-Canadian-P5-Headlights

Hmmm... I dunno ??

My parts car has chrome too ??

My car was built in September 2001 and the parts car in December 2001.

Maybe it was a change they did later ??

Both cars have daytime running lights so I'm pretty sure they're Canadian.

Even the wiring diagrams went through a mid year model change.

I think they added tiptronic and leather seats in 2003.

I remember my insurance guy said a 2003 P5 costs more to insure than a 2002. It got sportier and crashed more.

Anyway,.. I will stop my thread jacking.

Maybe also time to find a new drill lol. I thought my 10 year old Makita was rough...

It's still working pretty good.
It's only a couple of years old.
I made it all ugly with spray paint so it's less inclined to be stolen. Plus I could recognize it in a police lineup.

This one's got my fingerprints on it.
I spray painted my hands with orange paint then grabbed my cutoff saw.

I was pretty drunk... Lol

lol

Don't think i've ever been drunk enough to think "it sounds like a GREAT idea to spraypaint my hands and start grabbing stuff..."

let alone having "stuff" be power tools that will cut off your arm lol

Back