Bent bracket, any hope?

:
2012 CX-9 Sport
I just got done replacing the rotors on my 2012 cx9. What a horrible job, should have been easy, but both front rotors were rusted seized to the hub. Drivers side took me 3 hours to get the rotors off. I ended up using something i saw on YouTube. Using a bolt, couple of nuts and washer. Our into caliper bracket mounting hole in spindle and use it to push rotors off. I tried it on the other side and ended up bending the piece on the spindle that the caliper bracket mounts too, bottom one. I ended up having to get a 5 ton gear puller to get the rotor off, and even that didn't work right away.

My question is, is there any possible way to get that bent back. After I got it back together there is rubbing going on. Not sure if it will wear in some and be useable or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I bought a cylinder of the map gas, yellow can. Used heat on both sides for a few minutes, started gently tapping with 2lb hammer. I did this 3 or 4 times, I did use a little more force the second time on. Not full on swings, but decent. I was able to get the piece almost back into perfect position, maybe 2 mm off. After putting it all back together, it was enough, rubbing and scrapping is gone.

Bent bracket any hope

Hi All
Is there a way to tell what cam is from what engine on a desmo head ?
are there any markings on them to tell them apart ?

Replace the bent part. (1) it's unlikely that you can bend it straight, (2) I wouldn't trust the strength of it after it has been bent & re-bent back. Not much matters more than safe brakes.

Back