Android Auto for 2016 Touring? How to add?

Cuppybear

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Hi, I just bought a used 2016 CX-5 Touring. I recently read about "hacking" the Infotainment system in order to be able to use Android Auto. I'm pretty sure I have the correct firmware version for it, but I'll have to double check (I know I read you can't do it on Firware 59 and above). But I'm a little hesitant as I also read you can end up causing problems. Has anyone on here done this? I found the download at https://mazdatweaks.com/ . But there really aren't instructions on what to do after you download. I read on other sites that you save the file to USB and insert the USB drive into the car's USB port. Wait to follow the instructions and Android Auto should show up and then connect the phone (with AA installed) via USB cable. Is it really that simple? Would anyone advise against this?

Thanks so much! Shannon

yea it's pretty much it. make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32. the guy who made it has some video on youtube. mazda tweeks on youtube.

you can put some music on the usb and try it first before you do mazda tweeks software. just to see if the usb format works with the car

Last edited:
Back