Disable Door Lock Verification Horn?

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
Is there any way to disable the door lock verification horn, the one that sounds after pressing the lock button on the OEM key fob a second time? I live in a small complex and would rather be a little more courteous to my neighbors.

I've tried looking online for solutions, one being pressing an aftermarket alarm button in the cabin 3 times (mine has no such system); another holding down lock and unlock for 2 seconds (didn't work); yet another holding down lock for 5 seconds and pressing panic (didn't work).

Sorry, I do not know how to turn it off. At least with mine, first time it uses the flashers and beeps once, second press of the button makes it honk. So if you dont want it to honk, dont press the button twice. The doors lock on the first press.

You can't turn it off. It is default function. Please see your owners manual extract below:

t701gm.jpg

Xeler8ing just gave you a solution. Press lock once, wait 6+ seconds, then press it again.

Or just press it once (shrug)

Lucky that here in Oz land on my CX-5, if I press the remote again, all I get is a beeping sound. No horn

Is there any way to disable the door lock verification horn, the one that sounds after pressing the lock button on the OEM key fob a second time? I live in a small complex and would rather be a little more courteous to my neighbors.

I've tried looking online for solutions, one being pressing an aftermarket alarm button in the cabin 3 times (mine has no such system); another holding down lock and unlock for 2 seconds (didn't work); yet another holding down lock for 5 seconds and pressing panic (didn't work).

Yes--don't press the lock button a second time. The entire point of this function is to get an audible alert that the doors are locked. So press once, and look with your eyes to see that the car is locked. Or press 2x and alert your neighbors.

Back