Cracked exhaust manifold

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray MSP
So long story short, my MSP has at least one, possibly even 3, cracks in it.
My turbo is also leaking oil, and I figured if I'm going to have to get the front pulled apart, I might as well replace the turbo as well.
Where's a good place to find a good manifold/turbo? I wouldn't mind upgrading either, but I'm not looking at anything massive right now. But I can't seem to find anything, other than questionable parts on ebay. Any help?
Engine is pretty stock with the exception of a CAI and Turbohoses SMIC. Engine was rebuilt a few years ago due to burning oil, but the guy did a pretty crap job, so it's had to go to a few places to get finished since (hence why I'm not looking to upgrade too much right now, I'm not sure how much the engine could handle right now.) Other than that, the car runs fine, with the exception of a few problems I'm pretty sure are related to the exhaust leak.

Thanks.

Callaway did a bad job or sourced from a bad supplier as sooner or later they all crack to some degree. That said you can buy the one above or get a POPE unit sold by Kooldino @ Speed Circuit.

Where is your turbo leaking at the seals or at the bottom on the return line which is an easy fix and common problem. You really don't seem to need a bigger turbo.

I've found the Pope ones. Do they require any modification or engine adjustment, or are they just install and go?

I don't know where it's leaking from. I just know that the bottom of it is pretty coated, and anytime anyone gets under my car they point it out to me. It still spools (altho not as loudly), but doesn't pull.

I believe that the POPE manifold itself is an R&R, its only when you use the POPE S-pipe is when you have to do a few simple things. There are plenty of old post on here about installing both. Also plenty of post about fixing the oil leak at the return line, including one by me with part numbers and all. Its an easy fix whether you do it or taking to one of those people that just points out the leak versus fixing it.

Turbos are simple to keep in optimal running condition except when you ignore routine maintenance. Then its failure and replacement time. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back