front right caliper bolt missing after hard stop

:
Mazda, Protege5
I had my REAR calipers, rotors, pads replaced last Friday. On Saturday I made a hard stop and could feel and hear a significant grinding. Noticed the right FRONT caliper was out of position, took the wheel off and the top caliper bolt was missing?! Any explanation? When replacing the front pads I've never touched the top caliper bolt... only removed the bottom one to swing the caliper upwards and replace pads. Should I be angry at the mechanic who did the rear brake job?
open

You answered your own question....someone else worked on it................or when you swung it up last it broke the torque and it slowly loosened on it's own

Yes if I were you I'd go back and raise hell over that bolt. 1st amendment the s*** outta that shop! ha ha
srs tho, I'd return to the shop, address the issue and ask for free a replacement bolt. Too coincidental I think.

If the shop only worked on the rears and OP was last one to do anything up front, this isn't on the shop.

You answered your own question....someone else worked on it................or when you swung it up last it broke the torque and it slowly loosened on it's own

I should clarify, it's not the caliper pin thats missing... it's the caliper bracket bolt that is no longer with my vehicle. part # is 997560230

Back