Oil leaking into top of spark plug tube

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So in the midst of my CEL coming on, I pulled the plugs and coils to inspect them and was greated to this dirty plug in cylinder 4 The rest came out progressively cleaner with #1 having almost no oil on it. Would the valve gasket leaking around the tube cause this or is there more to worry about? I am concerned about the mystery gunk around the plug, but the rest of them didn't have any.
Fh5zmkX.jpg

I have seen worse plugs.

If it's just a bit of weeping oil, might consider a new valve cover gasket they harden and crack over time. Also make sure you torque the valve cover in proper order and to right torque values.

Can't see much else that would cause that.
So in the midst of my CEL coming on, I pulled the plugs and coils to inspect them and was greated to this dirty plug in cylinder 4 The rest came out progressively cleaner with #1 having almost no oil on it. Would the valve gasket leaking around the tube cause this or is there more to worry about? I am concerned about the mystery gunk around the plug, but the rest of them didn't have any.
Fh5zmkX.jpg

Did you drop that spark plug in the dirt on the way to take a picture? I would be less concerned about the oil in the spark plug tube than the amount of debris and crap that is in the oil...

Back