Screen suddenly says "this car does not have Nav. App"

psollitto

:
2018 CX-5 GT
Brand new Cx-5 GT with 178 miles.

I have had this car for 5 days, have used the Nav to navigate to a location, set a home location and 2 favorite destinations.

Today I called up the Nav and the system says that the car is not equipped with Nav and that a dealer can install it. I have changed nothing in the system.

Can anyone help? It is Sunday and I am sure no one is at the dealership.

Thanks.

Open the centre bin and flip the lid on the SD card slot (see below image) and see if there is an sd card inside.

If there is then you have navigation. Taking the card out and putting it back in again (make sure CX-5 is off) might solve the issue

2v0l7jd.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I do have an SD card. Now the system is saying "invalid SD card".

I have never touched the SD card. It worked for 4 days!!

Thanks for the reply.

Take it back to the dealer tomorrow and get them to fix the issue which could be a faulty sd card

Thanks for the reply.

Did you eject the card (with the car off) and then reinsert it?

Car doesn't need to be off. Strangely enough you can insert or remove it while the car is on.

WRONG

the car MUST be completely turned off before removing or inserting the SD card... failure to do so may damage/corrupt the SD card!
there are official mazda bulletins that state this!

Indeed. Since the SD card doesn't have an ejection tool similar to what smartphones have which allows removal whilst the smartphone is on, it is always best to turn the CX-5 off before removing the SD card.

Sorry but it's true.
It doesn't need dismounted like it does in a Windows Computer.
In fact that's sort of a myth too.

To clarify: Removing the SD Card from your Mazda will not damage the card or the system. Fact.
I've done it at least a dozen times.
Fact: damage or corruption occurs on a removable storage medium when that device is being written to and you remove it during that act. To clarify: the act of being written to.
Fact: the Mazda system never writes to the SD card beyond the initial markup at 66 miles to marry it to your car. All it does is read the SD card.
A phone has an ejection tool because it's the only way to flush mount a sim card tray. The sim card tool has nothing to do with a safe removal.
You can remove an SD card from a phone without shutting it off also.
Fact: the reason Microsoft and Apple tell you to dismount drives before removal is to protect yourself from you. And to cover their asses.
Apple support, can I help you?
I lost all the pictures on my memory stick.
Did you eject the card?
No.
Sorry, can't help you.

If you are moving 1,000 photos from your digital camera to an SD card and then forget that act is happening behind the scenes because you went to do something else on your pc while that was happening and you pull that card out = corruption. If you had dismounted it = safe. Because it it makes sure all file write operations are shutdown.
IF YOU REMOVE A CARD WHILE IT IS BEING WRITTEN TO IT CAN MAKE YOU LOSE DATA OR CORRUPT YOUR CARD.
Protecting yourself from you. Ever hear of someone accidentally installing a program to a memory stick? I have. Go ahead and pull that stick while your running a program you accidentally installed on the stick. Corruption.
Removing the medium while it is not being written to is the equivalent of ejecting a cd that is playing music. It really is.

Source: I am in IT and have been for 20+ years. I have pulled literally 1,000's of memory sticks and other media and you name it from PC's without dismounts for years and have not once ever encountered not even ONE corrupt memory stick that was damaged because of the act of removing a stick without a dismount.

I brought it to the dealer today. They replaced the Sd card -no go. Car going in for the day on Thursday, so the technicians can communicate with Mazda while they work on it. They think it is a faulty card reader.

I brought it to the dealer today. They replaced the Sd card -no go. Car going in for the day on Thursday, so the technicians can communicate with Mazda while they work on it. They think it is a faulty card reader.

So soon (uhm) Oh dear :(

Hope it's fixed quickly

To clarify: Removing the SD Card from your Mazda will not damage the card or the system. Fact.
I've done it at least a dozen times.
Fact: damage or corruption occurs on a removable storage medium when that device is being written to and you remove it during that act. To clarify: the act of being written to.
Fact: the Mazda system never writes to the SD card beyond the initial markup at 66 miles to marry it to your car. All it does is read the SD card.
A phone has an ejection tool because it's the only way to flush mount a sim card tray. The sim card tool has nothing to do with a safe removal.
You can remove an SD card from a phone without shutting it off also.
Fact: the reason Microsoft and Apple tell you to dismount drives before removal is to protect yourself from you. And to cover their asses.
Apple support, can I help you?
I lost all the pictures on my memory stick.
Did you eject the card?
No.
Sorry, can't help you.

If you are moving 1,000 photos from your digital camera to an SD card and then forget that act is happening behind the scenes because you went to do something else on your pc while that was happening and you pull that card out = corruption. If you had dismounted it = safe. Because it it makes sure all file write operations are shutdown.
IF YOU REMOVE A CARD WHILE IT IS BEING WRITTEN TO IT CAN MAKE YOU LOSE DATA OR CORRUPT YOUR CARD.
Protecting yourself from you. Ever hear of someone accidentally installing a program to a memory stick? I have. Go ahead and pull that stick while your running a program you accidentally installed on the stick. Corruption.
Removing the medium while it is not being written to is the equivalent of ejecting a cd that is playing music. It really is.

Source: I am in IT and have been for 20+ years. I have pulled literally 1,000's of memory sticks and other media and you name it from PC's without dismounts for years and have not once ever encountered not even ONE corrupt memory stick that was damaged because of the act of removing a stick without a dismount.
I agree. But the situation is a little diffenert on our navigation system. My Mazda dealer has been telling all of its customers the same thing, that we can only remove the SD card when the system is off. I suspect our nav system is doing some initial write/read test to insure the quality of the SD card. Because if you enabled the "write protect" tab on the card, you'll get the same "this car does not have Nav. App" message like OP's. This indicates some write activities are going on at the beginning. Hence in general Mazda simply advises customers don't remove the SD card unless the navigation system is off.

We agree on something? /Faint.
;)
Love ya man. Today I learned. I'll have to test that out myself, but I do believe you.
But you can clearly remove and reinsert it though without damage as I've done it numerous times.
I thought we'd get that compass when you remove it but no... just lat long and alt.
So if you want to check your altitude real quick just pop it out.

I finally got this fixed today. It took about an hour and a half. They said they had to reprogram the system.

Back