2018 CX5 Front Fog Lights Install

Ronzuki

South Central PA
:
2018 CX5 Touring
:
w/ Pref Pkg
Installed the OE set I purchased w/ the car. I have the OE instructions scanned for anyone interested. The instructions do a fine job of walking you through the process. The only difficult part is removing the wire harnesses (and reinstalling the harnesses to the lights) with the bumper cover free of the vehicle. The warning in the instructions regarding the wiring being short is a gross under-statement. What it doesn't mention is the support mechanism you'll need to hold the cover up and close to the vehicle (nearly in its mounted location) once freed from the vehicle in order that you can wrestle w/ the short and flimsy fog light wiring w/o tearing it out of the vehicle. I have used a pair of perfect size cardboard boxes numerous times on my Kizashi. Had the bumper cover off/on of that car numerous times over the past 8 years to pull the headlamp assemblies out to change bulbs. The lengths of wire on that car's fogs are much more generous and far easier to disconnect/re-connect. I have some pictures showing the CX5 bumper cover on the support boxes I used for the task.

The easiest part of the entire job was installing the new stalk light switch. There are two different options for the stalk switch (ordered separately from the fog light kit). One p/n for Auto headlights and a different p/n for vehicles w/o Auto lights.

If someone would like to post the hand-full pictures and the OE instructions, I can email them.

Installed the OE set I purchased w/ the car. I have the OE instructions scanned for anyone interested. The instructions do a fine job of walking you through the process. The only difficult part is removing the wire harnesses (and reinstalling the harnesses to the lights) with the bumper cover free of the vehicle. The warning in the instructions regarding the wiring being short is a gross under-statement. What it doesn't mention is the support mechanism you'll need to hold the cover up and close to the vehicle (nearly in its mounted location) once freed from the vehicle in order that you can wrestle w/ the short and flimsy fog light wiring w/o tearing it out of the vehicle. I have used a pair of perfect size cardboard boxes numerous times on my Kizashi. Had the bumper cover off/on of that car numerous times over the past 8 years to pull the headlamp assemblies out to change bulbs. The lengths of wire on that car's fogs are much more generous and far easier to disconnect/re-connect. I have some pictures showing the CX5 bumper cover on the support boxes I used for the task.

The easiest part of the entire job was installing the new stalk light switch. There are two different options for the stalk switch (ordered separately from the fog light kit). One p/n for Auto headlights and a different p/n for vehicles w/o Auto lights.

If someone would like to post the hand-full pictures and the OE instructions, I can email them.

Any chance you could email me the info?

i guess this post is DEAD,I would love to have that info on how to install a fog light on the 2018 cx-5 that doesnt come with fog lights from the factory

Back