Can't play DVDs

When Cruise Control was first introduced, there were stories of drivers in vans (or RVs) setting it and then walking to the back to get a drink/attend to crying babies/etc.

I figure we may as well update it for modern technology.
An episode of The Simpsons

I'm afraid to look to see if 12vdc popcorn machines are available.

Don't be afraid... This one will do Popcorn, hot dogs, AND your nacho cheese sauce...
41Ysj%2BfgRbL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

On our Odyssey, when parked, the kids can watch their movies on HD (720-wide) and we can watch a movie on the front screen. The negative is that if the car is not on, you will drain the battery before you know it!

I have been in friends cars in Japan, as well as airport limos, and not only do they have DVD players that work as you drive along, they also get TV stations too!

We went from Narita intrnational to Saitama precture a couple years ago in a Toyota 8 seater limo/Hiace and the whole way, the TV was on the centre front screen, the driver was doing 150km/hr on the expressway at the time..... in 80km/hr zone. No one seemed bothered, othr cars doing similar speeds.

Our Japanese friends from Nagoya have a Toyota Vellfire people mover, its the same.

I must ask our other Japanese friends who have a 2017 CX5 if theirs can play DVD*s while driving, and TV too.

I have been in friends cars in Japan, as well as airport limos, and not only do they have DVD players that work as you drive along, they also get TV stations too!

We went from Narita intrnational to Saitama precture a couple years ago in a Toyota 8 seater limo/Hiace and the whole way, the TV was on the centre front screen, the driver was doing 150km/hr on the expressway at the time..... in 80km/hr zone. No one seemed bothered, othr cars doing similar speeds.

Our Japanese friends from Nagoya have a Toyota Vellfire people mover, its the same.

I must ask our other Japanese friends who have a 2017 CX5 if theirs can play DVD*s while driving, and TV too.

That is nuts. With that said, I see people on the roads all the time watching video's on their phone while driving.

I worked for a Japanese company (NEC) a long time ago. Our cultures are extremely different. You can buy beer & liquor from street vending machines there (man, why couldn't Shintos have discovered America instead of Puritans?).

I believe one of the mods here lives in Japan.

I worked for a Japanese company (NEC) a long time ago. Our cultures are extremely different. You can buy beer & liquor from street vending machines there (man, why couldn't Shintos have discovered America instead of Puritans?).

I believe one of the mods here lives in Japan.

Yep, vending machines everywhere in cities and even in smaller country towns.

Buy beer, soft drinks, green tea, water, coffee etc.

I would give a beer vending machine less that 24hrs here before some yobbo cut it off with an 18V angle grinder and dropped it into the back if their ute! Gooooone!

And the Japanese vending machine prices are not ripoffs like we get here. 120 for bottles of spring water and cokes, beers from 210. The 7/11 stores that are every 3rd block also sell alcohol and at very reasonable prices too.

My Japanese friend with the CX5 replied and said that hers plays DVD*s, but no TV connection.

Yep, vending machines everywhere in cities and even in smaller country towns.

I would give a beer vending machine less that 24hrs here before some yobbo cut it off with an 18V angle grinder and dropped it into the back if their ute! Gooooone!

Yup.

This is why we can't have nice things, either.

Like other such countries, Japan benefits from having a homogeneous population.
The downside is what we would find to be stifling conformity.

It's all very fascinating.

Back