CX-8 GENUINE Car Play and Android Auto

:
ASH8
For the few Mazda CX-8 Diesel Owners in Australia who want to install Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD Connect Infotainment System.

Well Finally here are the Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C924-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)

Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, being AUX Hub and 2 USB Data Cables.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for KG CX-8 can be found here in this link. (Use same instructions as KF CX-5).
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 2 Hour job, a Dealer Install will be around the $550 mark.

Last edited:
$550 (uhm)

Should be cheaper. I guess it would be the same cost to do it on a CX-5.

Yes, all Mazda Models use the same parts, just the install is slightly different and as the CX-8 has the same Dash as CX-5 then the same applies..

As for Price, German Dealer are charging 230 Euro's , add in the Australia Tax I think I am around the mark, remember labor is 2 Hours $$$$$s

Yes, all Mazda Models use the same parts, just the install is slightly different and as the CX-8 has the same Dash as CX-5 then the same applies..

As for Price, German Dealer are charging 230 Euro's , add in the Australia Tax I think I am around the mark, remember labor is 2 Hours $$$$$s

Should make it cheaper as an incentive.

550 Bucks for CP/AA, that's crazy... There must be a much bigger payload improvement then just this for 550 bucks?

MSRP in USA for Parts ONLY is $199.00 USD
Plus installation, Mazda allocates 1.5 hours.

So my $550 AUD mark is around the mark for CX-8 owners as CX-8 is ONLY sold in Australian and New Zealand Markets outside of Japan.
As the Dash is virtually identical to same model years CX-5 then....

Those who have installed CP/AA love it !

Back