2.5T CX-5 Update Coming To Australia In November 2018

borrowed this from another forum.
2.5T is continuing to have Performance and Reliability issues.
CX-9 owners are reporting lack of engine power.

Well it looks like the Manifold (exhaust) 3 port flap actuator is jamming or the pivot shaft has issues and or flaps..
I believe due to heat.
There is a 'new' modified unit and PCM reporogramming to 'address' these issues.

MY Opinion I wondered how long it would be before things like this cropped up, mechanical flaps so close
to exhaust and it's heat can be problematic...I hope they get on-top of this....and fast.

this doesn't look good

80-2_5t_41face701917567cd37a2c5ac3ed0a790c426da4.jpg

80-2_5tt_e49667f41bc706903b2c6897be1d9f34d05c341e.png

Interesting. Is this widespread because on Australian forums, don't think this is being reported as much.

update: pics were taken from US cars.
Not sure if you guys are seeing the same issues down under but wanted to share just in case.

update: pics were taken from US cars.
Not sure if you guys are seeing the same issues down under but wanted to share just in case.
There hasn't been anything in the one Oz forum that I read regularly

This forum https://www.rx8club.com was embedded in the url for those pictures.

Thanks. Honestly, that appears to be a single post by a guy complaining about the lack of a V6. There are now close to 100K of these running around and if this was widespread, I am sure it would have been brought up in other places. Put me down as skeptical.

Thanks. Honestly, that appears to be a single post by a guy complaining about the lack of a V6. There are now close to 100K of these running around and if this was widespread, I am sure it would have been brought up in other places. Put me down as skeptical.

You mean not everything I read on the internet is true??? (eek2)

Oh, and good for you for being able to find that post. I could not.

ah, you guys found Ash's post, good.
just for full transparency, he's a LONG TIME Mazda employee and a proven reliable source for information.
He does like to complain about certain things like why we American's don't like wagons but he's a good guy.

ah, you guys found Ash's post, good.
just for full transparency, he's a LONG TIME Mazda employee and a proven reliable source for information.
He does like to complain about certain things like why we American's don't like wagons but he's a good guy.

I don't have an account over there, nor would I ask sensitive questions as a new member.

Has Ash ever put forth an opinion on the Soul Red Crystal Metallic paint issue and any potential modifications to make future units more durable?

I struck up a relationship with a Customer Service person who gave me this party line: "Mazda investigates any and all product quality complaints that are received. Regarding the paint concerns, there are currently no campaigns released related to that issue, nor is there any information that there will be in the future."

(iagree)

Mazda Australia is not commenting but looks like the details have been leaked pretty much confirming what I mentioned above.

The site below "has sighted internal Mazda documents detailing new CX-5 turbo variants for Australia, in addition to updates that will include broader safety technology across the range, with production commencing later this year"

EXCLUSIVE: BEST-IN-CLASS TURBO ENGINE LIKELY IN 2019 MAZDA CX-5 UPGRADES!

Key Points:

• 170kW/420Nm 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the large CX-9 SUV used in the CX-5 - will be optional on the GT and Akera - the two premium CX-5 grades
  • 2019 CX-5 will also introduce minor exterior changes, as well as "major" interior design changes Substantial upgrade to the CX-5's infotainment, which would see Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring technologies added to the existing capabilities of the CX-5's seven-inch touchscreen, which include navigation and DAB+ digital radio
  • CX-5 could gain a significant extension of safety technology across the range, including radar cruise control, lane keep assist, driver attention warning and automatic high beam across the range. Presently, these driver aids are exclusive features of the flagship Akera
  • The Akera will likely retain its premium positioning through interior upgrades, which are suggested to principally take the form of more upmarket Nappa leather upholstery in a dark hue. The front seats, already heated in the 2018 Akera, will likely pick up ventilation, while the second row should feature heating for the outboard seats
  • A digital driver's instrument cluster, like that seen on the 2018 Mazda 6 Atenza, should also be present on the CX-5 Akera

Are the "major" interior changes only referring to the infotainment? That sentence is a little confusing. Have a hard time believing they'd change much else. Although hopefully less piano black, haha.

Are the "major" interior changes only referring to the infotainment? That sentence is a little confusing. Have a hard time believing they'd change much else. Although hopefully less piano black, haha.
Maybe something similar to recent Mazda 6 change (uhm)

Mazda lost it's Zoom-Zoom image a long time ago and the company has no soul. It's sad to see how slow they are to react to market demand. It's as if their trying to fail. The CX-5 desperately needs more power and the public has been telling them this so years but they know what's good for us. This mentality has and will cost them more market share as they manage themselves into a corner of wimpy gutless uninspired engines. If they do eventually wake up and offer the Turbo, you can bet they will mess it up and only offer low output version. After all, they know what's good for us! This comment is coming from a current Cx 5 owner (our 2nd) and last Mazda. we like the platform but just cannot do the wimpy power anymore. Looks like we're going to an Escape Turbo or another compact SUV with at least a Turbo 2.0 or better.

Back