2017~2024 Custom wheel as spare?

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hey folks!
So I'm running custom rims on my 2017GT (plenty of pics posted in the past) and I'm wondering if anyone with a similar setup knows if I can include a 5th said custom rim as my spare. These are 20x8.5 size rims, but the tire height is 45 as opposed to the OEM 55 which makes the overall diameter of the wheel the same as the OEM wheels that the car came with. So...if I want to use one of my custom rims as a spare (I have 5 now since I lightly curbed one of them and ordered a new one), I know that since the diameter is the same, it should fit in the original wheels well under the floor in the hatch. Since it is 8.5" wide, as opposed to the 7" width of the OEM wheel however, I'm concerned if the wheel will sit too high and I may not be able to lay down the floor piece to by perfectly flat. In addition, would mounting the subwoofer be any issue as well?

Anyone with a custom setup similar to mine can confirm that for me?

Thank you!

It's without a tyre right now. Since the tire is a bit wider then the actual rim, I'm not sure how accurate that would be.

I don't remember exactly, how wide is the stock spare, but I don't believe that it is a regular width spare. Most likely, it will lift the cover.

So I'm running custom rims on my 2017GT (plenty of pics posted in the past) and I'm wondering if anyone with a similar setup knows if I can include a 5th said custom rim as my spare. These are 20x8.5 size rims, but the tire height is 45 as opposed to the OEM 55 which makes the overall diameter of the wheel the same as the OEM wheels that the car came with. So...if I want to use one of my custom rims as a spare (I have 5 now since I lightly curbed one of them and ordered a new one), I know that since the diameter is the same, it should fit in the original wheels well under the floor in the hatch. Since it is 8.5" wide, as opposed to the 7" width of the OEM wheel however, I'm concerned if the wheel will sit too high and I may not be able to lay down the floor piece to by perfectly flat. In addition, would mounting the subwoofer be any issue as well?
What is the intended tire size as a spare on your 20 rim? If the tread width is wider than 185, you will have trouble to make the trunk floor flat. Mazda uses regular 185/80R17 tire as the spare in Mexico. In other words your idea wont work unfortunately.

Back