2018 Mazda CX-5 GT Mazda-branded Accessories & More

INeverFreeze

:
Mazda CX-5 GT AWD 2018
Hi guys. I thought i'd share this video my fianc and i made about certain accessories that we got for my 2018 CX5 GT. I could never find any reviews online of these accessories so we decided to make a video for them.

**In this video you are not really able to see the LED interior lighting kit, but let me tell you it is not worth the price. It simply two small LED lights by the footwell of driver and passenger. I honestly thought it was gonna be mood lighting throughout the cabin. but hey. you learn from your mistakes right? lol

In this video we review several Mazda-branded accessories for the CX-5 like the all-weather mats, pedal covers, mud flaps, backup sensors, and more.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Congratulations on the purchase.

I am in the process of ordering a CX-5 Grand Touring. I just took my second test drive today, and swung by a detailer to discuss options for paint protection.

I agree that the cargo cover is a must.

I've been looking at WeatherTech floor mats, their cargo area mat https://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2018/cx-5/cargo-liner/, and their cargo containment system (rather than the netting) https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/. The cargo mat has an optional bumper protector you can see by clicking on the right-hand picture under Step 1, "Select your coverage area." By the way, those attachment clips for your cargo net are standard on Mazdas...they are also used as tie-down points...there are two in the area of the cargo area and two up front. Seeing your vid of the net got me to thinking that it might by just as functional as the W.T. containment system, and it would be a lot easier to store in one of those little buckets Mazda puts in the cargo area.

I am currently looking at those OEM splash guards, and there have been discussions here about them. I questioned their functionality (versus just being a cosmetic) and folks say they really keep the mud & such off of the car, even though they look too small to be effective.

That LED lighting you have made me realize that there are no foot courtesy lights in the CX-5, are there? I took the LEDs to be an esthetic upgrade, not the only option for those courtesy lights. Daggone dealer installation costs really drive the prices up. A $400 "advertised price" hitch is $800 if you actually want it on the vehicle (an aftermarket hitch is $545 installed cost, but it's not as nice an installation.) The installed price of those lights just moved them to the bottom of my list of things to get.

I noticed you did not get roof rails. Any reason? I like the aesthetics, even f I don't plan on carrying anything on the roof.

Thanks for the review. It got me thinking on some of the things I had planned on doing.

Last edited:
Yeah The LED lighting (the official Mazda option) is not worth the price and neither are the backup sensors. If they were both front and rear sensors it would be worth the investment. As one would need the sensors more for the front since we already have a back up camera.

We didnt get the roof rails because we didnt think we would use them. But yes they totally give the car a more sporty and rugged look. I might add them later.

The foot-lighting kit, is no longer available for purchase according to 'Mazda's website. Likewise, the OEM plates for the sides of the doors are no longer available.*

Back