2007-2015 CX-9 what is 1 thing you don't like about your CX-9 the most

I agree on this. Transfer case... however on Fords the same transfer case lasts longer

It's a tie between the gas mileage and the water pump design.
Got some reading done on this. Now I know... why did they put a water pump in the most inconvenient place? It is like my Audi A6 that I used to have. In order to replace the water pump the entire front of the car including radiators and stuff has to go out.

Got some reading done on this. Now I know... why did they put a water pump in the most inconvenient place? It is like my Audi A6 that I used to have. In order to replace the water pump the entire front of the car including radiators and stuff has to go out.

When does the water pump need to be replaced? I have another older vehicle with a timing belt and I had that replaced at 80K miles per vehicle maintenance schedule. At that time, I also had the water pump replaced. The CX-9 has a timing chain and I haven't replaced it yet (or does it need to be replaced?) so I still have the original water pump with almost 100K miles.

When does the water pump need to be replaced? I have another older vehicle with a timing belt and I had that replaced at 80K miles per vehicle maintenance schedule. At that time, I also had the water pump replaced. The CX-9 has a timing chain and I haven't replaced it yet (or does it need to be replaced?) so I still have the original water pump with almost 100K miles.
I saw people say every 60-70k miles. I have 106000 km on mine so mine is due.

Mine is missing a rear spoiler. I don't want to pay $500 for a new one. Where can I get a good aftermarket one that's the same?

When I had my 2014 - I hated the HARSH RIDE.

Now my 2018 has a much better cushioned ride - but now I dislike the NOISY AC.

While I think the 2018 works well and can get very cold - the blower motor is so loud you can't hear the radio. (The older CX-9 AC was better - more cold air with way less blower noise)

When I had my 2014 - I hated the HARSH RIDE.

Now my 2018 has a much better cushioned ride - but now I dislike the NOISY AC.

While I think the 2018 works well and can get very cold - the blower motor is so loud you can't hear the radio. (The older CX-9 AC was better - more cold air with way less blower noise)
Thanks for the feedback. Try flipping the cabin filter upside down first

The credit card smart key, the water pump location and design, the fact that the a.c. drain clogs so damn easily, the water pump location and design, the fragile gas cap, the wear fast wheel bearings and brake rotors, the water pump location and design, the sucky ass bluetooh, the fact that you need a switch box for the aux port if you have SAT radio, the weak ass smart button on the drivers door, wheel finish issues, oh...did I mention the water pump??? Honestly, it's not that bad and beats the bus. I knew SOME of these things going in (that's why I got the fwd). Even with the issues, Big Bertha puts a smile on my face when merging on the highway or on winding roads and a tear in my eye at the gas pump (or when thinking about the water pump).
I will still ride it till the wheels fall off!!

I saw people say every 60-70k miles. I have 106000 km on mine so mine is due.

So, I got a quote on replacing that water pump. Between an actual dealership and an independent mechanic that I use, it's going to cost $2K (on average) to replace that water pump. And people are doing this every 60-70K miles? That's insane. There's no guarantee that the water pump will not fail between those 60-70K intervals, it's just prolonging the inevitable. It seems that it's more cost effective to get rid of the vehicle, while it still has equity, than try to mitigate for a water pump failure to occur.

So, I got a quote on replacing that water pump. Between an actual dealership and an independent mechanic that I use, it's going to cost $2K (on average) to replace that water pump. And people are doing this every 60-70K miles? That's insane. There's no guarantee that the water pump will not fail between those 60-70K intervals, it's just prolonging the inevitable. It seems that it's more cost effective to get rid of the vehicle, while it still has equity, than try to mitigate for a water pump failure to occur.
I just hit over 100000 km so I am gettibg there. Due to not friving much I would say it will take another 5 years to get another 100000km on it. I agree 2k for water pump is quite a bit of money. I will just drive mine until the temperature starts acting up. I know it is risky...but willing to take a chancw

At least change the coolant just to check that off
I just hit over 100000 km so I am gettibg there. Due to not friving much I would say it will take another 5 years to get another 100000km on it. I agree 2k for water pump is quite a bit of money. I will just drive mine until the temperature starts acting up. I know it is risky...but willing to take a chancw

Back