Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could this noise be from bad rotors?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by helbigtw View Post
    Steve, i'm assuming you are aware of the fatal all wheel drive flaw on the cx-9? (they took the ford edge transfer case and bolted it onto the cx-9 ) it eats itself and the transmission and early signs are bad noises particularly during turns.
    I hope for your case that you are not on your way to a 4,000 dollar bank withdrawl for a new transfer case & transmission.
    Hopefully its something simple! If you haven't read up on the all wheel drive issues, there are plenty of threads to read through on here.

Good luck, sir.
    Wait no, what is this?

I have had a persistent noise/vibration particularly at highway speeds. It occurs while going straight and while turning, but the car also has a pretty much nonstop pull to the left so I have to counter that to go straight (so it's pretty much always turning).... Been trying to get them to resolve that for the year that I've owned the car.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
    Wait no, what is this?

I have had a persistent noise/vibration particularly at highway speeds. It occurs while going straight and while turning, but the car also has a pretty much nonstop pull to the left so I have to counter that to go straight (so it's pretty much always turning).... Been trying to get them to resolve that for the year that I've owned the car.
    I believe the flaw helbigtw mentioned only applies to the 1st gen CX-9, not the 2016+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12