Could this noise be from bad rotors?

You can't warp your rotors. http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/warped-rotors-myth/

They likely need to be resurfaced or "turned". I would take the car to a reputable shop to have the rotors inspected with a micrometer. If the rotor is above it's minimum thickness, have them turn your rotors to get more life out of them. I'd suggest getting this done right away since you just got new pads.

The warping rotor myth is just a way for the shop to earn more money by replacing a part that just needs maintenance with a brand new part.

Agreed. However this type of work needs to be doen correctly. I had a bad experience with that is the past. Still had to get new rotors....(sigh) I blame the shop...
You can't warp your rotors. http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/warped-rotors-myth/

They likely need to be resurfaced or "turned". I would take the car to a reputable shop to have the rotors inspected with a micrometer. If the rotor is above it's minimum thickness, have them turn your rotors to get more life out of them. I'd suggest getting this done right away since you just got new pads.

The warping rotor myth is just a way for the shop to earn more money by replacing a part that just needs maintenance with a brand new part.

If you want the cheap solution, resurface your rotors. If you want new rotors for some reason, buy OEM, or something comparable to OEM (i.e. talk to an independent shop to get their recommendations).

Brakes are not a component I would cheap out on, the risks are too great should something fail.

Beyond that, do not buy drilled or slotted rotors, buy blank ones. They provide the best stopping power and pad life due to the increased surface area in contact with the pads.

I just replaced the front rotors sounds still exists. hopefully going to do rear rotors next month.

Any other possibilities to check?

Thank you,

Steve

All 4 rotors and pads replaced. Noise still exists. I have noticed one caliper boot is torn, ordering replacement.

https://youtu.be/Rd1cL9OlRKA

No movement up and down or side to side, so I not thinking wheel bearing.

?

Thank you,

Steve

Hard to say with 100% certainty from video since road noise and tires are involved, but that sounds like a wheel bearing howl for sure. Bad bearings don't always show play in wheel so that test is not definitive. Spin each wheel when in the air and see if one or another is rougher.

OTOH it could just be a bad tire.

All 4 rotors and pads replaced. Noise still exists. I have noticed one caliper boot is torn, ordering replacement.

https://youtu.be/Rd1cL9OlRKA

No movement up and down or side to side, so I not thinking wheel bearing.

?

Thank you,

Steve

Make sure whoever replaced your pads put the backing plate and clips back on properly. This prevents pads from moving around and making noise. Had this happen to me when I got brakes done( not at dealer). They forgot to put clips back on.

With AWD, do I need all four tires off ground to spin or just the fronts?

I have already tried spare on front left, I will try it on front right next.

Thank you,

Steve

Hard to say with 100% certainty from video since road noise and tires are involved, but that sounds like a wheel bearing howl for sure. Bad bearings don't always show play in wheel so that test is not definitive. Spin each wheel when in the air and see if one or another is rougher.

OTOH it could just be a bad tire.

I had this same noise on my infiniti g35x and it was a bad front wheel bearing, so of course, I changed both front wheel bearings. Car drove like a BRAND new car after that.

Steve, i'm assuming you are aware of the fatal all wheel drive flaw on the cx-9? (they took the ford edge transfer case and bolted it onto the cx-9 ) it eats itself and the transmission and early signs are bad noises particularly during turns.
I hope for your case that you are not on your way to a 4,000 dollar bank withdrawl for a new transfer case & transmission.
Hopefully its something simple! If you haven't read up on the all wheel drive issues, there are plenty of threads to read through on here.

Good luck, sir.

Steve, i'm assuming you are aware of the fatal all wheel drive flaw on the cx-9? (they took the ford edge transfer case and bolted it onto the cx-9 ) it eats itself and the transmission and early signs are bad noises particularly during turns.
I hope for your case that you are not on your way to a 4,000 dollar bank withdrawl for a new transfer case & transmission.
Hopefully its something simple! If you haven't read up on the all wheel drive issues, there are plenty of threads to read through on here.

Good luck, sir.

Wait no, what is this?

I have had a persistent noise/vibration particularly at highway speeds. It occurs while going straight and while turning, but the car also has a pretty much nonstop pull to the left so I have to counter that to go straight (so it's pretty much always turning).... Been trying to get them to resolve that for the year that I've owned the car.

Wait no, what is this?

I have had a persistent noise/vibration particularly at highway speeds. It occurs while going straight and while turning, but the car also has a pretty much nonstop pull to the left so I have to counter that to go straight (so it's pretty much always turning).... Been trying to get them to resolve that for the year that I've owned the car.

I believe the flaw helbigtw mentioned only applies to the 1st gen CX-9, not the 2016+

Back