Decision...2018 CX-5 vs Tiguan

Im not trolling or anything..But if I get it right you are talking about gas models?? It's a blasphemy to talk about VW in petrol mode here in Europe.. I would never consider any petrol VW models..Never..

Update: My wife bought a white Touring with preferred equ. Package today and is happy. I'm happy she got the black interior. Thank you all for your advice!

Update: My wife bought a white Touring with preferred equ. Package today and is happy. I'm happy she got the black interior. Thank you all for your advice!

This is just proof that people are going to do what they want, regardless, for better or worse.

I hope she and you enjoy it and get many trouble free miles from it.

Congrats. Cx-5 looks great in white. I debated over colour for ages and it came down to white vs MG.
Enjoy the new ride!

look i own both cars 2018 tiguan and 2017 cx5 let me tell you go with cx5! if you think you need more space go with cx9 which i also own

i love how cx5 drives and most importantly doing an 85mph crash accident cx5 protected me very good! but one downside is the paint on the cx5 sucks.

2018 tiguan i'm about to apply lemon laws(don't buy it)! b pillar rattling is very well known issue on tiguan. vw did had a TSB out for this issue but is not a permanent fix you will have to go back to dealer every few hundred miles! 2018 tiguan i have ratting everywhere on the car this is what the dealer found "There is a rattle coming from lower b pillar rattle coming from driver seat belt retractor, overhead console, wood trim on both front doors, both tweeter speaker grills, both rear cup holders, also found rear deck lid clips not clipped in all the way Driver rear access panel ratting along with both rear stop light access panels loose causing rattles; Applied felt materiel to selt belt retractor, overhead console, wood trimming, front tweeter grills, rear cup holders and access panels in rear of vehicle. Resecurred rear deck lid panel." Just think about all the problems listed they have to took out everything to "fix" some problem. dash, door panel, all the trimming basically to the frame every time!!!!! NOW THIS IS NOTE THE ONLY PROBLEM with tiguan slow response, sunroof leaking, auto stop and bad Suspension are also some issues with tiguan.
check out this tiguan b pillar forum before you wanna go with tiguan
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8903433-2018-Tiguan-Issues-Purchased-on-9-16-B-Pillar
Be careful about the test drive some people may not notice the noise months after owning the vehicle this ratting is factory production error metal not welded right and missing welding. for door ratting and all you wont able to hear the noise if the temperature is about 75F and ratting had to be tested on a rocky road. here is how ti sound like on the b pillar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThIx9reDAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoPFEDo-h8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_BlBlD3_IU

look i own both cars 2018 tiguan and 2017 cx5 let me tell you go with cx5! if you think you need more space go with cx9 which i also own

i love how cx5 drives and most importantly doing an 85mph crash accident cx5 protected me very good! but one downside is the paint on the cx5 sucks.

2018 tiguan i'm about to apply lemon laws(don't buy it)! b pillar rattling is very well known issue on tiguan. vw did had a TSB out for this issue but is not a permanent fix you will have to go back to dealer every few hundred miles! 2018 tiguan i have ratting everywhere on the car this is what the dealer found "There is a rattle coming from lower b pillar rattle coming from driver seat belt retractor, overhead console, wood trim on both front doors, both tweeter speaker grills, both rear cup holders, also found rear deck lid clips not clipped in all the way Driver rear access panel ratting along with both rear stop light access panels loose causing rattles; Applied felt materiel to selt belt retractor, overhead console, wood trimming, front tweeter grills, rear cup holders and access panels in rear of vehicle. Resecurred rear deck lid panel." Just think about all the problems listed they have to took out everything to "fix" some problem. dash, door panel, all the trimming basically to the frame every time!!!!! NOW THIS IS NOTE THE ONLY PROBLEM with tiguan slow response, sunroof leaking, auto stop and bad Suspension are also some issues with tiguan.
check out this tiguan b pillar forum before you wanna go with tiguan
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8903433-2018-Tiguan-Issues-Purchased-on-9-16-B-Pillar
Be careful about the test drive some people may not notice the noise months after owning the vehicle this ratting is factory production error metal not welded right and missing welding. for door ratting and all you wont able to hear the noise if the temperature is about 75F and ratting had to be tested on a rocky road. here is how ti sound like on the b pillar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThIx9reDAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoPFEDo-h8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_BlBlD3_IU

You can't lemon law a car for a rattle

You can't lemon law a car for a rattle

it rattles because of factory issues and missing welding thats not enough? (missing welding subject in week b pillar that is dangerous and that rattling impairs the vehicle*s use and market value) would you explain why i can lemon law a car because rattle

if rattle is not enough what about auto braking and no car in front i was going 80mph and it shop in highway 3 times already.
if that auto braking is still not enough what about when you going over a speed bump suspension makes a huge clunk noise.
if the suspension is still not enough what about leaking sunroof ?
those are all known issues

oh and there are many other Tiguan owners in that VW forum lemoned there car with just b pillar rattling but mine rattles everywhere.

Last edited:
Congrats. Cx-5 looks great in white. I debated over colour for ages and it came down to white vs MG.
Enjoy the new ride!

Thanks! I bought a white 2007 Ford Ranger commuter last year, didn't care about the color (never had white before). Surprised how it does not heat up much standing in the sun all day and how easy it is to keep clean.

Congrats! The white touring looks really nice. I actually like the white interior though.

By the way, what did you end of paying?

Congrats! The white touring looks really nice. I actually like the white interior though.

By the way, what did you end of paying?

Thanks! We looked at the beige interior and while it looks nice, I imagine it being hard to keep clean. There were already some stains (maybe just water, not sure) here and there and it was a brand new car. My wife said the black interior would work for her with the sunroof, so you don't feel like you're sitting in a dark cave. As to price...in my opinion we did not get a very good deal. My wife was ok with it, and since it is her car...oh well. However, we are different. While I would fly out to Cali to get 15% off and make a little vacation out of it, she prefers convenience and is willing to leave something on the table. You'll find a lot of info on deals people got in the price thread. Good luck with the search, it is a great little car that punches above its weight class.

Thanks! We looked at the beige interior and while it looks nice, I imagine it being hard to keep clean. There were already some stains (maybe just water, not sure) here and there and it was a brand new car. My wife said the black interior would work for her with the sunroof, so you don't feel like you're sitting in a dark cave. As to price...in my opinion we did not get a very good deal. My wife was ok with it, and since it is her car...oh well. However, we are different. While I would fly out to Cali to get 15% off and make a little vacation out of it, she prefers convenience and is willing to leave something on the table. You'll find a lot of info on deals people got in the price thread. Good luck with the search, it is a great little car that punches above its weight class.

Yes, being hard to keep the white interior clean is a valid concern. Thanks for the info as well. Anyway, congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy!

Back