Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

yrwei- do you have this in a spreadsheet you can attach or link to?
    Tapatalk presentation is very difficult to decipher due to lack of formatting.

TIA!

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZooms View Post
    yrwei- do you have this in a spreadsheet you can attach or link to?
    Tapatalk presentation is very difficult to decipher due to lack of formatting.

TIA!
    So you can't see these comparison tables with correct format via Tapetalk?

Sorry I don't have a spread sheet for that. Can you try any cell phone*iPad*or laptops? Or by-pass Tapetalk?

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Formatting issue was using an iPhone with Tapatalk. Opened mazda247.com on my windows laptop and it formatted fine. Thanks, yrwei!

Registered Member

CX5

Does anyone actually buy tires from their Mazda dealer? Price aside, mine is only giving me a choice of Toyo A36, and a couple of Yokohama's. I'd never buy Toyo's since the originals only lasted 25K, and the Yoko's don't seem to be anyone's favorite on here. Right now I think its between the Michelin Premier LTX; General Alltimax of the Pirelli's, none of which my dealer even mentions.

Don't have a ton of faith in my dealer anyway, but also tough to find a local tire shops with a good reputation.

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by hallcx5 View Post
    Does anyone actually buy tires from their Mazda dealer? Price aside, mine is only giving me a choice of Toyo A36, and a couple of Yokohama's. I'd never buy Toyo's since the originals only lasted 25K, and the Yoko's don't seem to be anyone's favorite on here. Right now I think its between the Michelin Premier LTX; General Alltimax of the Pirelli's, none of which my dealer even mentions.

Don't have a ton of faith in my dealer anyway, but also tough to find a local tire shops with a good reputation.
    No, don*t buy anything from my dealer, service nor parts. Don*t let the stockers give Toyo a bad name, though, because they do make some jam up tires for certain applications...

I normally buy my tires from Tire Buyer. Prices can*t be beat, choose a recommended installer from their list in your area and the shipping is free, and their installers normally are the cheapest (good too). $55 mount and balance for the one I choose in my area, can*t beat that...

As for the tires you*re considering, I choose the Generals outta those 3 as they*re better imo in the rain and snow than the Pirellis(with a rebate to boot), and the Michelins just aren*t worth the money imo. If you wanna spend it, grab em up, but all in all, none of those 3 will do you wrong in the long run...

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

Don't buy tires from Mazda dealers unless they're having big sale with better price than tire stores. I use Discount Tire Store; or Costco can be a good place for new tires too.

I prefer General AltiMax RT43 too.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Don*t let the stockers give Toyo a bad name, though, because they do make some jam up tires for certain applications...
    +1. Toyo makes some great tires. Some.

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    +1. Toyo makes some great tires. Some.
    Well one tire shop suggested Toyo Open Country QT. Is that a decent option? The dealers original suggestion of the Toyo A36 seems about equivalent to what I have (A23s).

Banned

Well one tire shop suggested Toyo Open Country QT. Is that a decent option? The dealers original suggestion of the Toyo A36 seems about equivalent to what I have (A23s).
    I*d roll with the Generals from your list of tires. Unless you don*t mind spending the coin, then get the Michelins. Personally, I*m rolling with the Generals when the time comes and gladly putting the extra coin in my pocket...

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    I*d roll with the Generals from your list of tires. Unless you don*t mind spending the coin, then get the Michelins. Personally, I*m rolling with the Generals when the time comes and gladly putting the extra coin in my pocket...
    The Generals have grown on me since they've worn a bit from new. That said, the Michelins I had before definitely handled a bit better, but I didn't feel like paying the Michelin premium this go around. Michelins have really jumped in price. When I bought a set of Michelins in Sep 2014, they were $125/tire, and now they are more like $150-160/tire. Generals were $115/tire. 17s.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 86k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Banned

After further look, I*d give those Open Country QT a try if I was gonna spend the money on the Michelins.

Registered Member

Mazda, CX5 GT, 2014, wife has a 2014 Mazda3 GT

I recently replaced my Toyo's after 38,000 miles. Last year I asked the dealer if the lack of traction was the tires or the CX5. He said those tires are okay for most of the country, but not for Minnesota in the winter- yeah, I know I could get winter tires. With any snow or ice, the back end would break away on curves and turns. I just got the Pirelli's. Hopefully, they will be better.

Registered Member

2013 GT. Replacing OEM tyres this week @ 35000 miles. Going with Michelin Premier LTX. Skipping install of winters this year and driving to Arizona in early November instead.

Brian

Registered Member

2016 Sport @ 2016.5 Sport

We have 2 Mazda CX 5 sports with AWD. The Yokohama Geolandar are the worst tires I have ever owned. The 2016 I turned in early so I didn't have to replace the tires which were rotated every 7500 miles. My 2016.5 lease is up in May and the tires are really worn with only 25,000 on them. They are the terrible in the snow also. I have rotated these every 7500 also. I haven't been happy with how they have worn even with rotation. The replacement price on those are a bit pricey for the lack of quality in my opinion

Registered Member

2014 mazda cx-5 touring FWD

the 17" geolandars on my '14 touring got replaced at 3000 miles because they would just ride too harsh too often.They also wore lousy to the tune of wearing off 2/32" on the front tires and 1/32" on the rear in the first 2000 miles.And half of those were highway miles,not stop and go.Never had a chance to try them in snow.The General Altimax RT-43 H were like heaven compared to those Yoko's.Just my experience. Jmaz

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast