How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

2016 GT AWD. I only got 25K out of the Toyos. I replaced mine with Pirelli Cinturato P7s. I have approximately 10K on them. ATQ rating of 700 so I hope to get much longer out of them. I don't think they handle as nicely as the Michelins Premiers on my other car due to a harder tire compound but I like them a lot. The Michelins wore down and quicker than expected. Only got 45K and they were rated to 60K. Michelin issued my tire seller a $200 credit which I'm using towards another set of Pirellis.

So I assume you will be getting a new one in 2019 or 2020? (cryhard)

The first one was totaled. The second one was to trade up to the 2017. My wife will kill me if I do it again. Ive bought 4 cars in the last three years. Suffice to say, Im done for a few years....although that upcoming X3M is kind of tugging at me..[emoji23]

The first one was totaled. The second one was to trade up to the 2017. My wife will kill me if I do it again. Ive bought 4 cars in the last three years. Suffice to say, Im done for a few years....although that upcoming X3M is kind of tugging at me..[emoji23]

More like it's tugging on your wallet....

The first one was totaled. The second one was to trade up to the 2017. My wife will kill me if I do it again. I*ve bought 4 cars in the last three years. Suffice to say, I*m done for a few years....although that upcoming X3M is kind of tugging at me..[emoji23]

giphy.gif

(cryhard) (cryhard)

My 2015 CX-5 GT AWD 19" is exactly 4 years old this week and has 42,257km which is 26,257 miles (on the Toyo tires). Just had annual service and has 3 and 3.5mm on the tread left. So I am hoping to do the same thing as a previous poster and keep them until the winters go on and then switch probably to Michelin LTX in the spring. Although wouldn't mind something more affordable but we don't always have the same choices in Canada.

My 2015 CX-5 GT AWD 19" is exactly 4 years old this week and has 42,257km which is 26,257 miles (on the Toyo tires). Just had annual service and has 3 and 3.5mm on the tread left. So I am hoping to do the same thing as a previous poster and keep them until the winters go on and then switch probably to Michelin LTX in the spring. Although wouldn't mind something more affordable but we don't always have the same choices in Canada.
Michelin Premier LTX definitely is an excellent performance tire but its very high price、minimum 8.5/32" tread depth、and low 44 psi maximum inflation pressure are many people's concerns.

I believe some Canadian CX-5 owners had been getting 225/55R19 99H General AltiMAX RT43 before from local tire store. Can you at least order RT43 from Tire Rack which now offers free shipping?

Yeah as they've worn a bit from new, the RT-43s are great although admittedly a bit below my previous Michelin's performance in responsiveness, but at a considerably less cost, pretty happy overall.

Hi all,

My 2016 GT AWD is just past 30k miles and I was wondering how many miles did you get out of your original set of tires? I'm assuming I should get about another 10k, but wasn't sure if you could go further.

Bonus points if you have 19" rims and AWD for comparison purposes.

Thanks!

2014 GT AWD, 36.5K miles, and my three original 19" toyos are at 4/32, so I've got another year on 'em. Strangely, I replaced one at 11,000 miles (nail in sidewall, still pisses me off the best I could do was $300 installed), and I can't tell which one that was anymore, as all 4 are showing 4/32...

Just bought a set of Nokian eNTYREs. One of my Yokos developed a pinhole on the side wall at 21k miles- non repairable. So I figured
I could buy another Yoko at $225 (not worth it IMO), have it shaved to match the other 3, mounted and balanced, or get a new set. My tire dealer had a buy-3-get-one-free deal on these so I got them: https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-entyre-20/

Michelin Premier LTX definitely is an excellent performance tire but its very high price*minimum 8.5/32" tread depth*and low 44 psi maximum inflation pressure are many people's concerns.

I believe some Canadian CX-5 owners had been getting 225/55R19 99H General AltiMAX* RT43 before from local tire store. Can you at least order RT43 from Tire Rack which now offers free shipping?

Thanks yrwei52, will consider General's for sure - Tire Rack comes in at $931 to order those though - so I don't think that free shipping applies as it was $250 in taxes and fees and taxes on $630 would be less than $100. I can get the LTX for that at Costco I think.

Just returned from 6 year service. Dealer wants me to replace my original tires. Local tire shop agrees that they're about due. ODO shows 62,000km but as I ride X-ice in the winter, the actual wear on the 19" Toyos is likely closer to 50K km. Will have Michelin Premier LTX installed end of October.

This is an odd year. Rather than doing an install of the winters, I will be putting on new A/S tires and then driving to Arizona in early November. Will be staying there until mid March and then drive back to Canada. SO...hope that the new A/S tires will be sufficient to cope in the event I hit early or late season snow during my travels. This will become a yearly event. It is more cost effective to buy a good used car in the state and leave it there year-round, but I already drive a good used vehicle, and I know the owner. Once I find a daily driver replacement for my CX-5 I will make a final drive down to Arizona, importing the truck along the way. This will allow me to insure and plate my current CX-5 in the state and leave it there. In future years I'll fly both ways.

Brian

Thanks yrwei52, will consider General's for sure - Tire Rack comes in at $931 to order those though - so I don't think that free shipping applies as it was $250 in taxes and fees and taxes on $630 would be less than $100. I can get the LTX for that at Costco I think.
Costco in the US does carry 225/55R19 Michelin Premier LTX. If you can get LTX at Costco in Canada for good or even better price, of course go for it. Just watch for the Michelin rebate offered by Costco.

The taxes and shipping are high, especially on goods shipped from USA to Canada!

2013 cx-5 sport with 17. Stock Yokohama tires were shot at about 35k, 4 years of 50/50 city/highway.

Replaced with Goodyear ComforTred. After 20k more miles, they look incredible. Probably 80% of more tread left, car handles like new, and the ride is so much smoother and quieter.

Back