2016 Touring upgraded to Kenwood DDX8905S

CX5forSQ

:
Mazda CX-5 Tourning
Not to get everyone's hopes up. Not a complete install yet. Lot's of incomplete info on my 16 touring.
What's confirmed and working. Metra harness 70-7903 was required for my CX5. It is located next to the glove box behind and above the kick panel. Had to add extensions for all of the wiring to kenwood unit in the dash. Metra 40HD10 antenna adaptor also worked and is located in the same area. Idatalink Maestro RR is connected to ODBII port and telematics info from the vehicle is being shared with the DDX unit and displays nicely! I removed the Mazda GPS antenna and replaced it with the Kenwood GPS antenna under the center channel grill. This works great for gps and keeps it out of sight.

I purchased my CX5 in 12/2015. I don't know if that makes mine a 2016.5 or not. I purchased the Mazcam6v......which does not directly connect to anything behind the factory infotainment system and I would really like to keep the factory back up camera. Nothing reliable on the video wiring into the OEM infotainment system at this time.

I have been informed that the steering wheel interface wires for the RR are the following. SWI input 1 - Pink / blue wire, SWI input 2 - green / orange wire, SWI ground feed output - Brown / white wire all located on a 29 pin connector possibly in the dash in pins M, N, & O.

And last, but not least the dash kit doesn't fit with the factory trim bezel.

View attachment 219563

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

John

Since yours is a Touring, you will know if yours is a 2016.5 model if you have heated seats.

If you do not have heated seats, then you have a 2016.

Since yours is a Touring, you will know if yours is a 2016.5 model if you have heated seats.

If you do not have heated seats, then you have a 2016.

I have a 2016 GT, and have dual heated seats. Mine was built 5/15. I do NOT have a 16.5. They didnt start making the 16.5 until after October 2015. Look on the driver side door jamb-it will tell you the manufacture date.

Last edited:
I have a 2016 GT, and have dual heated seats. Mine was built 5/15. I do NOT have a 16.5. They didn*t start making the 16.5 until after October 2015. Look on the driver side door jamb-it will tell you the manufacture date.

Correct, all GT CX-5 have the heated seats. I am only referring to the 2016.5 TOURING model. The 2016.5 is the only US First gen Touring CX-5 model year to get heated seats.

Correct, all GT CX-5 have the heated seats. I am only referring to the 2016.5 TOURING model. The 2016.5 is the only US First gen Touring CX-5 model year to get heated seats.
And 2016.5 CX-5 started selling in the US in Mar. 2016.

Not to get everyone's hopes up. Not a complete install yet. Lot's of incomplete info on my 16 touring.
What's confirmed and working. Metra harness 70-7903 was required for my CX5. It is located next to the glove box behind and above the kick panel. Had to add extensions for all of the wiring to kenwood unit in the dash. Metra 40HD10 antenna adaptor also worked and is located in the same area. Idatalink Maestro RR is connected to ODBII port and telematics info from the vehicle is being shared with the DDX unit and displays nicely! I removed the Mazda GPS antenna and replaced it with the Kenwood GPS antenna under the center channel grill. This works great for gps and keeps it out of sight.

I purchased my CX5 in 12/2015. I don't know if that makes mine a 2016.5 or not. I purchased the Mazcam6v......which does not directly connect to anything behind the factory infotainment system and I would really like to keep the factory back up camera. Nothing reliable on the video wiring into the OEM infotainment system at this time.

I have been informed that the steering wheel interface wires for the RR are the following. SWI input 1 - Pink / blue wire, SWI input 2 - green / orange wire, SWI ground feed output - Brown / white wire all located on a 29 pin connector possibly in the dash in pins M, N, & O.

And last, but not least the dash kit doesn't fit with the factory trim bezel.

View attachment 219563

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

John
Here is an excellent write-up by RG_Flyer who installed an aftermarket infotainment system into his 2016 CX-5 Sport. In addition to BlueTooth connection and color touch screen, I believe RG_Flyer also figured out a way to make steering wheel audio controls work with the system! (cool) Go through the thread and see if you can find some info you need.

Finally! The correct parts for the 2016 CX-5 Sport:

Back