shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Does anyone know if:
  • the center vents from the 18s are a direct replacement for those in the 17s?
  • the 18 center vents can be purchased?
  • how difficult would the replacement be?

To be able to regulate the flow from each vent individually.

Great question OP! I would also like to know the answer. I use my phone on a magnetic vent holder and it really heats up in the winter with that vent opened all the time

stupid they didn't include this in the 17. ovexi, have you thought about just using the left vent or is that awkward with the wire going across to charge

I have pulled my dash apart, and while in there, i pulled out one of the center vents from that part of the dash - it just clipped in. And based on what i remember, I think it the 18 vent would be a direct replacement. If anyone has a part number, i will get one and try it.

I have pulled my dash apart, and while in there, i pulled out one of the center vents from that part of the dash - it just clipped in. And based on what i remember, I think it the 18 vent would be a direct replacement. If anyone has a part number, i will get one and try it.

So do you think the swap would require dash removal to get the old ones out?

I wonder if this is something a junkyard could easily answer.

They have access to tons of compatibility references, and might even have the parts (and closable vents from different Mazda models/years may fit).

i've been wondering if this was the part K123-64-930-02 that would work

KB8M6471YA02 is the part number from CX-8 that has been done in japan.

a8f43a33fd89164dcff3caade3983f4c.png

00eb3a2c1e1051d8ea4bcfd9e2dda30f.png

Last edited:
Back