Vibration while braking

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2017 w/Premium Pkg.
My new 2017 CX-5 developed a vibration when braking at only 1400 miles. The dealer just resurfaced the front rotors and that took care of the problem for now. I have never heard of a brand new set of rotors needing to be machined at such low mileage. Must have been warped from the factory or of inferior quality. Has anyone else had this problem?

My new 2017 CX-5 developed a vibration when braking at only 1400 miles. The dealer just resurfaced the front rotors and that took care of the problem for now. I have never heard of a brand new set of rotors needing to be machined at such low mileage. Must have been warped from the factory or of inferior quality. Has anyone else had this problem?

Were the rims removed for any reason prior to the work done on the rotors?

Yeah I might have demanded new rotors. No way in hell should rotors need touched after 1500 miles

Dealer advised it was Mazda's option to repair or replace under the warranty. If I have any more problems I am going to push for replacement of the rotors. I did read on the forum that some of the 2016 model CX-5s had an issue with the rotors.

Dealer advised it was Mazda's option to repair or replace under the warranty. If I have any more problems I am going to push for replacement of the rotors. I did read on the forum that some of the 2016 model CX-5s had an issue with the rotors.

I'd push for replacement. I played this game wiht Nissan and it involved:

-Lying service manager
-$500 total out of my pocket on slotted rotors
-Complete disappointment
-Datalogging
-Nissan North America getting involved
-A partial refund in the form of new Nissan hardware to replace my destroyed Z1 and Stoptech hardware that the svc. manager told me I should buy and then later denied.
-GT-R tech keeping my car for half a week
-Finally figuring out they over-torque the rims and bend the rotors when they use air-wrenches and never having the issue again after that
-Nissan losing a customer for life because they are the Chrysler of Japan, with a side of Enron.

You can actually cause warped discs by poor braking technique. If you brake late from fairly high speed it puts a lot of temperature into the disc very quickly so the surface temperature can shoot up to about 500C in one stop while the bulk temperature of the disc remains much lower. It*s thermally shocks the disc with a high temperature gradient and it cannot expand equally. Not saying you did this - I*d have to observe you driving but there is also the possibility that somebody else might have before you got it.

While true, A-man...1400 miles? Doesn't seem likely to do that much damage.

You can actually cause warped discs by poor braking technique. If you brake late from fairly high speed it puts a lot of temperature into the disc very quickly so the surface temperature can shoot up to about 500C in one stop while the bulk temperature of the disc remains much lower. It*s thermally shocks the disc with a high temperature gradient and it cannot expand equally. Not saying you did this - I*d have to observe you driving but there is also the possibility that somebody else might have before you got it.

ESPECIALLY when NEW!

Latest posts

Back