Maps last updated in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMGD

:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
My 2015 South African CX-5 Akera's map files show a Dec 2014 date stamp, but Mazda Toolbox says there's no update.

Map version shows this: MazdaToolbox.jpg

Has anyone had/have an update for South Africa newer than 4 years old?

Any other way to get updated map files?

prime example why phones are better for stuff like this...

sorry I'm no help, but your post, regardless of country, shows me that buying a factory NAV is only good for a year or two after purchase and is not worth the added cost at time of purchase...unless, the car company shows continued support for previously sold models. They will update coil packs, and refine other consumables, but the NAV data is never touched again after the car/model leaves the showroom floor.

Is your NAV data on an SD card? If so, can a new SD card for a newer, current model year CX-5 be used to update your 2015? The sad part is, you will probably have to buy it, making it a less than desirable upgrade.

prime example why phones are better for stuff like this...

sorry I'm no help, but your post, regardless of country, shows me that buying a factory NAV is only good for a year or two after purchase and is not worth the added cost at time of purchase...unless, the car company shows continued support for previously sold models. They will update coil packs, and refine other consumables, but the NAV data is never touched again after the car/model leaves the showroom floor.

Is your NAV data on an SD card? If so, can a new SD card for a newer, current model year CX-5 be used to update your 2015? The sad part is, you will probably have to buy it, making it a less than desirable upgrade.

Current systems are incompatible with the 2013-2015 CX-5 infotainment. TomTom was the provider, they may have maps.

Yes, my Nav data is on a SD card, so was wondering if someone may have the specific updated file that could be copied over, the file seems to be called "SouthAfrica.fbl". Not sure whether the file itself would be locked somehow or is it just the card that is VIN locked?

Yes, my Nav data is on a SD card, so was wondering if someone may have the specific updated file that could be copied over, the file seems to be called "SouthAfrica.fbl". Not sure whether the file itself would be locked somehow or is it just the card that is VIN locked?

Here is a forum named "Fix My GPS."
http://fixmygps.info/forum/index.php

I see people sharing more current .fbl files for South Africa in this thread, but I'm not certain it is Mazda-compatible. http://fixmygps.info/forum/showthread.php?tid=2193&page=5

Each area is for a specific manufacturer's gps.

You might poke around there and see if they can help.

edit to add: I searched on the word "Mazda" and got a 1 1/2 page listing of threads.

Last edited:
I'm in South Africa, have a 2018 CX5, and updated the maps in July I think. I can't recall what the file is called, I did the update on my wife's computer (as it has an SD card) and she's overseas for the week.
I think the maps can only be updated as long as the warranty is valid?

Here is a forum named "Fix My GPS."
http://fixmygps.info/forum/index.php

You might poke around there and see if they can help.

edit to add: I searched on the word "Mazda" and got a 1 1/2 page listing of threads.

Thanks, I had a look there previously but the links provided in the various threads are all dead, most threads from ~2017. Searched "Mazda Africa" and got nothing.

@Smit: would really appreciate if you could look and maybe share that file with me to see if it works?

You need to be using TomTom Home ( a computer application) to update your head units maps, not mazda toolbox. I'm assuming you have the original non android based factory HU and it has tomtom map software. If it isn't tomtom (I know it's not in Japan) you'll need to find the update software from the nav provider with google.

That website shares "pirated" files which is against policy here. I'd recommend private message or making an account on that forum to discuss the files there..(locked)

https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back