Diesel Performance?

Pancakes

:
Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport Diesel 2012
Hey all, first time poster here.

Having gotten my CX-5 as my first car, with 155xxx kms on it and intending to stay with it for a good while, I was wondering on anything that could be done to make it a bit more fun to drive.
I've done some research, and although I know there are ECU reflash options to improve power output for the 2.2L diesel, I couldn't find any user reviews and experiences. It also begs the question of whether it dramatically affects engine reliability and such. I do want this car to last.

Would any of the other "traditional" upgrades have an impact on this car, such as exhaust, air filter, tunes etc?

If you guys have any links to previous posts regarding this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Pancake.

Hey all, first time poster here.

Having gotten my CX-5 as my first car, with 155xxx kms on it and intending to stay with it for a good while, I was wondering on anything that could be done to make it a bit more fun to drive.
I've done some research, and although I know there are ECU reflash options to improve power output for the 2.2L diesel, I couldn't find any user reviews and experiences. It also begs the question of whether it dramatically affects engine reliability and such. I do want this car to last.

Would any of the other "traditional" upgrades have an impact on this car, such as exhaust, air filter, tunes etc?

If you guys have any links to previous posts regarding this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Pancake.

MY friend's Mazda 6 diesel has his remapped by OVT. Dyno reading shows additional 20hp on the wheels. As for reliability, it would depend on what you will tell your tuner as to extent of tuning.

Last edited:
Back