Racing Beat Power Pulse Muffler initial thoughts

MrNailhead

:
2011 Mazda 2
Hi all - I just had the above titled muffler installed on my 2 and boy it is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted a little deeper/lower sound and just a touch more volume - I didn't want loud or drone-y, just a little more sense of what the engine was doing, especially for clutch takeoff (manual trans obviously). Very happy with it so far - great job on Racing Beat's part (I got mine from Goodwin Racing - great experience with them).

Also recently got a set of Enkei M52 wheels that are fantastic looking and the most important modification so far...a new ball-shaped shift knob! Also, holy crap at how heavy the stock shift knob is!
I need to take some good pictures when it stops raining.

These couple light mods have made me very happy with my car and has enhanced it's already eager character. I used to have an 87 325i BMW that died on my a few years back and this little Mazda has done a great job at filling the 'fun car' void I had.

Hey there! Since this place is so dead I figured I'd register a response. Congrats on the RB exhaust! Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for as well. I'm thinking of getting a 2 and am researching people's impressions on aftermarket parts, which got me here. Cheers!

I have had this Racing Beat exhaust on my car over 7 years now.
Love how the tip is angled to match the bumper.
The sound and tone are perfect.
Not sure how much longer I'll have the 2 but can't image my car without it.
ENjoy

Back