2017 CX 9 Speaker upgrade

Zoot

:
CX 9
Hi,
I am looking for some advice on how to remove the door panels on a 2017 CX9 non-Bose so I can replace the existing speakers with some Infinity speakers. I can only find one screw (apparently 2 others) and would appreciate help on this?
Secondly if anyone knows which wires are positive and negative on the dash speaker this would also be most appreciated?
Many thanks

With a non-Bose setup I'd look at replacing your small tweeters in the dash with a 3.5" coxials. Helps a ton. By all means... Do the doors too if you'd like, but have the full midrange and treble come from on the dash helps a lot with soundstage.

Thanks OKC 9. I have the Infinity 3.5 coaxial for the dash as well and waiting on some connectors before I install. Will still need to figure out which is positive and negative on the tweeters. Any idea?

I mean nothing will happen besides possibly being out of phase with the door speakers.

If I remember correctly, both dash speaker wires (the tweeters) were colored the same. I believe it was RED/GREEN and PINK/SOMETHING. You'll either have them out of phase with the doors OR in phase with the doors. If you find a wiring diagram let me know

Just found out through Crutchfield that the RED/GREEN wire (non-Bose cx-9) is the POSITIVE wire.

Excellent thank you. When my dash connectors arrive I will give it a bash. Should be easy now I know what is positive.
Just need to get my door panels off for the door speaker😀

Back