Power steering stiff and hard to turn the wheel on 2006 Mazda5?

:
2006 Mazda 5
It's not a regular problem, but it is a problem because it happens without warning, at any moment. The power steering wheel has maximum amount of fluid, but the power steering will randomly become suddenly so stiff and hard to turn in order to turn right or left. It works just enough to get it out of the away but can definitely still cause an accident.

I was reading about the 2007-2009 Mazda 5 recall because of the power steering, I called Mazda and they want me to bring it in for service, but I'm definitely having the same problem in my 2006 Mazda 5, as the ones from 2007-2009 models. Also goes for Mazda 3 models. They are trying to turn me down since there's no official recall on my specific make/model/year; but its the exact same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and what seems to be causing it? It's not the power steering fluid, I checked it and it's not leaking or anything.
What part do I need in order to be able to fix it?

Another 2006 Mazda 5 with this scary recent phenomena!

It's not a regular problem, but it is a problem because it happens without warning, at any moment. The power steering wheel has maximum amount of fluid, but the power steering will randomly become suddenly so stiff and hard to turn in order to turn right or left. It works just enough to get it out of the away but can definitely still cause an accident.

I was reading about the 2007-2009 Mazda 5 recall because of the power steering, I called Mazda and they want me to bring it in for service, but I'm definitely having the same problem in my 2006 Mazda 5, as the ones from 2007-2009 models. Also goes for Mazda 3 models. They are trying to turn me down since there's no official recall on my specific make/model/year; but its the exact same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and what seems to be causing it? It's not the power steering fluid, I checked it and it's not leaking or anything.
What part do I need in order to be able to fix it?

I am exactly in the same boat! 2006 Mazda 5 with no indications of steering fluid leaks or low level. I have experienced this recently for a very brief moment. Scary indeed!!! (eek2) Thanks God I was on a local road going around 20 MPH. My wife says that at times the light came on the dashboard with the steering wheel symbol. I have not seen it myself. Low miles (62K) vehicle but many years old (13).

Any other folks in this situation with a 2006 Mazda 5 please?

Back