2017~2024 clear service reminder?

Dimcorner

:
2017 Cx-5 GT AWD
I have tried resetting the service intervals but every time I start the car it shows a service reminder with 0 miles left.

I have the periodic set to off, oil to flexible and tire was reset.
Any ideas?

Which service reminder displaying 0 miles? If you meant the first one, Scheduled, displaying 0 miles, and you set it to "Off", it should be normal. What mileages are on the other two (Tire Rotation and Oil Change)?

A picture would help.

I have tried resetting the service intervals but every time I start the car it shows a service reminder with 0 miles left.

I have the periodic set to off, oil to flexible and tire was reset.
Any ideas?

Would this help you (should be similar for CX-5) (uhm)

That is the procedure I have referred to several times to to the oil data reset on my 2016 CX5 diesel.

I suspect the OP is referrinto a scheduled service reminder +0 x that video does show where to do it in the applications system.

The display says "Service Overdue 0 miles".
Still displays it after resetting on the system. Do you press the cluster stalk when the car is off then hit the start button or have the car in ACC first?

The display says "Service Overdue 0 miles".
Still displays it after resetting on the system. Do you press the cluster stalk when the car is off then hit the start button or have the car in ACC first?
No, for 2017 CX-5 GT you need to do it in infotainment screen. Select the icon on the home screen to display the Applications, then select Vehicle Status Monitor、Maintenance to display the maintenance list screen, Scheduled、Tire Rotation and Oil Change. Do the reset within these 3 tabs independently.

And you can only do the reset with ignition on without engine running.

No, for 2017 CX-5 GT you need to do it in infotainment screen. Select the icon on the home screen to display the *Applications*, then select *Vehicle Status Monitor***Maintenance* to display the maintenance list screen, *Scheduled***Tire Rotation* and *Oil Change*. Do the reset within these 3 tabs independently.

And you can only do the reset with ignition on without engine running.

I have done this with mine and continue to see the "Service Past Due" message every few startups. I've also performed the IP stalk button reset procedure (showed the flashing yellow warning triangle).

I have done this with mine and continue to see the "Service Past Due" message every few startups. I've also performed the IP stalk button reset procedure (showed the flashing yellow warning triangle).
The reset should be able to be done in infotainment system. But what is each mileage displayed for "Scheduled"、"Tire Rotation"、and "Oil Change" in "Maintenance" category under "Vehicle Status Monitor"?

After a successful reset under each tab, "Scheduled" should display 5,000 miles / 4 months by default but they can be changed. "Tire Rotation" should display 5,000 miles by defaults but it can be changed too. "Oil Change" should display 7,500 miles when you choose "Flexible". If you didn't get these mileage numbers, the reset wasn't properly done.

Yes, I did reset all three minders in the Infotainment system. Scheduled and Tire Rotation read 7500 miles, as does Oil Change which is set to Flexible. Apparently the Infotainment is not talking to the gauge cluster.

Yes, I did reset all three minders in the Infotainment system. Scheduled and Tire Rotation read 7500 miles, as does Oil Change which is set to Flexible. Apparently the Infotainment is not talking to the gauge cluster.
The oil life monitor when set to "Flexible" on my 2016 CX-5 were having similar issues too. After the reset with the oil life showing 100% (different from yours) on infotainment screen the red wrench indicator would display randomly with "Oil change due" message in instrument cluster. Turned out there's a TSB for this and it needs newer version software for Engine Control Module (ECU) to fix the problem.

In your case your "Vehicle Status Monitor" definitely has problems. You should take some pictures showing the service due message and mileages listed for "Maintenance", then take it to your dealer for warranty service.

The Youtube link is blocked for me at work, but have you tried this? This is what fixed mine a while back. This is a procedure the dealer is supposed to do, and it seems to be disconnected from the infotainment service settings:

1) Switch the ignition ON (engine off) and switch the display using the panel light control switch/tripmeter switch to display the odometer
2) Switch the ignition OFF (LOCK)
3) Press and hold the panel light control switch/tripmeter switch with the ignition switched off, then switch the ignition ON (engine off)
4) Keep pressing the panel light control switch/tripmeter switch for more than 7 seconds

Perhaps I should change the Oil Life schedule to fixed and retry the reset procedure.
No, it doesnt matter if you have Oil Change set to Fixed or Flexible. All gen-2 CX-5s come with Flexible been set from factory unless your Mazda dealer changed it during the new car preparation. Although I have a 2016 CX-5, I had been on a 2017 CX-5 Touring for 10 days during warranty service on my CX-5. I played the Vehicle Status Monitor with reset on infotainment screen (out of curiosity on oil life unit from % to miles) and everything worked like I described in the previous post. I had never seen any Service due or Oil change due messages either. I also checked brand new 2018 CX-5 GT in my dealers lot, the Oil Change is set to Flexible from factory with 6,000 miles on oil life. Thiss because the CX-5 has been sitting in the lot for 6 months and oil life monitor will calculate the time passed and reduce the oil life from fresh 7,500 miles.

If you see fresh 7,500 miles after each reset for all 3 tabs in Vehicle Status Monitor app, each schedule tab should have been reset. The Service due massage is related to Scheduled tab, make sure to do a reset within independently. The service reminder message for Oil Change is Oil change due.

You may need a ECM sofetware update to fix the problem like my 2016 CX-5.

Yeah, my dealer had everything set to 5,000 mile intervals, because dealer. I immediately set the Oil Interval to flexible and the Tire Rotation and Scheduled Maintenance intervals to 7500 miles. After my first appointment at 7300 ish miles, I continued to see the "Service Past Due" message even thought the dealer had reset all three tabs (and again, changed the intervals to 5,000 miles, because dealer...).

I don't know what to tell you, yrwei52. Either I'm an idiot or my Mazda needs an ECM update.

Yeah, my dealer had everything set to 5,000 mile intervals, because dealer. I immediately set the Oil Interval to flexible and the Tire Rotation and Scheduled Maintenance intervals to 7500 miles. After my first appointment at 7300 ish miles, I continued to see the "Service Past Due" message even thought the dealer had reset all three tabs (and again, changed the intervals to 5,000 miles, because dealer...).

I don't know what to tell you, yrwei52. Either I'm an idiot or my Mazda needs an ECM update.
No, it seems you have done everything you could and there is nothing you can do right now to fix the problem on your side. Depending on your time and how annoying the message to you, take some pictures as the proof and talk to your Mazda dealer. If they have no clue then you should ask them to search the TSBs on related issues with ECU update.

Not sure how good your Mazda dealer is, but the service advisor (Victor) of my Mazda dealer (Town North Mazda in Richardson) is very good of being aware of most problems and TSBs for CX-5, and is willing to fix them without too much hesitation.

Have you tried my earlier suggestion? It was the only thing that worked for me. The infotainment menu isn't the only place the maintenance is tracked.

Have you tried my earlier suggestion? It was the only thing that worked for me. The infotainment menu isn't the only place the maintenance is tracked.
Yes he's already tried.

If you can't do proper service reminder reset via infotainment "Vehicle Status Monitor", you got problems too.

I disabled all 3 reminders completely and drove for 1 day like that with no pop-ups.
I have re-enabled the flexible oil interval and no pop-ups yet.
I will re-enable the tire rotation one later today and hopefully it's fine.

Resetting the intervals did not clear the reminder. It only showed up on the cluster but there was no warning on the main screen.

IMG_8924.JPGIMG_1802.JPGIMG_0660.JPGI am having the same issue, I did my own oil change and reset the oil and rotation via the infotainment system. Everything was fine for about 2000 miles and now I'm getting "service past due 0 miles" Is the service being tracked via infotainment system and via dashboard computers separately? I never reset via the instrument cluster, I reset mine via the infotainment. When I turn on the car, it gives me the "service past due 0 miles" for about 20 seconds then changes to match was the infotainment system says. Is the computer just slow to read the info?

Back