2019 CX-9 feature list

Mazda just released the feature list for the 2019 CX-9 which will be rolling into dealerships between this month and September. Key new features and updates are listed below

- Android Auto/Apple Carplay
- Retuned suspension
- Thicker headliner and floor mats
- 360 surround view monitor
- Available 7-inch Digital gauge cluster display
- ventilated front seats
- Power-folding door mirrors
- SiriusXM Travel Link Services for live traffic updates

The only thing on that list that worries me is the "retuned suspension", I really hope that re-tuned does not = softer. I think the current ride is perfect for this car.
Also i'm excited to see which XM connected services they offer AND if that will be integrated into the Navigation (weather and traffic).
Overall, I'm pretty stoked with that list.

The only thing on that list that worries me is the "retuned suspension", I really hope that re-tuned does not = softer. I think the current ride is perfect for this car.
Also i'm excited to see which XM connected services they offer AND if that will be integrated into the Navigation (weather and traffic).
Overall, I'm pretty stoked with that list.

I'm with ya on the suspension news as well. That was my first reaction to reading that as, retuned to be "more comfortable", usually means softer, less sportier suspension. I rather have better and more tenacious handling rather than a softer plush ride that is less responsive.

As per Mazda's official press release:

Among the updates are a refined, retuned suspension that offers a smoother, quieter and more natural ride...

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/2019-mazda-cx-9-introduces-new-features-refinements/

It'd be nice if someone with a 2018 CX9 did a test drive with a 2019 CX9 to see any noticeable performance drops.

This guy did a great review explaining the noticeable differences from the 2018 vs 2017 since the 2018 received G-Vectoring:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-2017-Signature-to-2018-Signature-In-4-Months

Last edited:
Had a 2009 CX9 for 7 years and just bought a used a 2018 CX9 GT, such a huge difference in power delivery and ride quality. As for the 2019 features I was waiting for before buying this one I other than the ventilated seats and 360 view, I think I missed.
The re-tuned suspension, if it's softer for more of a comfort ride I'd pass. The 2018 set up is what sets it a part from the other 7 seaters in the class.
Folding mirrors, I'd pass- Don't need them opening and folding in -25 weather every time it's locked and unlocked.
I saw the Mazda 6 7" center gauge cluster, not impressed. Not very high res and who needs to fuel gauges. ( analog and digital ). The 2018 side info screen seems like logical place to put the supplement info. Already have a lot of info in the HUD.

I'd like take one out for a test drive see if there is a big difference, an engine retune might have been more a draw to some that don't like the low HP numbers, as for me torque is where it's at. It's a unique set up in the market place unless one goes to a diesel.

$42K CDN with 21,000 km. It had over $5000 of accessories that I wanted including 19" Mazda rims and Nokian winter tires.

There are some nice added features but I was really wanting to see Lane Trace added. This tech is the future and it would have been great to compete against the likes of Infiniti ProPilot and similar systems. What are your thoughts?

There are some nice added features but I was really wanting to see Lane Trace added. This tech is the future and it would have been great to compete against the likes of Infiniti ProPilot and similar systems. What are your thoughts?

They have to leave something out for 2020...my guess is stop & go and one of the local dealers here had a blog article from May talking about a diesel CX-9... I think the CX-5 just got a diesel so perhaps the 9 will be getting one later? Or maybe a hybrid model. The mpg isnt the greatest on these cars. Im in San Diego and getting around 17.7 (I guess with the heat and ac) typically get around 19-20

I am seeing 2019s listed on Cars.com and Autotrader.com but no pictures so I assume they are not on the lots. Has anyone seen any or heard when they will arrive? I know the Mazda press release said August at select dealers and nationwide in September.

I have been patiently waiting for the 2019s to arrive. A dealer who has '19s listed on their website said he could see they were loaded onto a ship, but were still 3-4 weeks away. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Wow, mid August and MAZDA has '19 CX-9's out already? Considering the 2016 launched in April of 2016. The '18's dropped late September last year.

Looks like the centre dash vents still don't have the "wheelie" thing to open and close them.
Why do they not include closable vents on every model?

A couple things I noticed from the pictures... The option to turn off the blindspot monitoring is no longer there. The button was replaced by the "360 camera" view... which it seems like there is not an option to turn it on or off permanently? TPMS button is no longer present. The annoying tiny overhead light it's still there... I was hoping they would hide it a little more.

The HVAC area looks much worse now imo. Interesting design choice. Glad we went ahead and got the 18

The HVAC area looks much worse now imo. Interesting design choice. Glad we went ahead and got the 18

Yeah, they got rid of the circular element in the middle that gave the panel some style. Now it's just a row of square buttons. This was there solution to the need of more buttons (addition of ventilated seats and such). They could have easily done something more interesting.

Also, agree with the HVAC area and the airbag indication area. What's with the 2nd and 3rd row passenger info. Now there are pressure sensors in each seat, when will those fail? Seeing the 360 camera and the 7" center screen in the Mazda 6 today and I'm really glad I got a 2018. The resolution of the 360 camera views are terrible.
Only feature that is a refinement are ventilated seats.

Back