2019 CX-9 feature list

A couple things I noticed from the pictures... The option to turn off the blindspot monitoring is no longer there. The button was replaced by the "360 camera" view... which it seems like there is not an option to turn it on or off permanently? TPMS button is no longer present. The annoying tiny overhead light it's still there... I was hoping they would hide it a little more.

The TPMS button is gone because they switched back to the "sensor in tire" system instead of the ABS wheel speed sensors in 2018. Comparison of owner's manuals between 2017 and 2018 CX-9 confirms this. OEM P/N for the 2018 TPMS sensor is BBM2-37-140B, but I spoke with the parts counter at my dealership and third party sensors will work as well (I just ordered four new sensors for $50 USD on eBay, P/N BBM2-37-140A).

The TPMS button is gone because they switched back to the "sensor in tire" system instead of the ABS wheel speed sensors in 2018. Comparison of owner's manuals between 2017 and 2018 CX-9 confirms this. OEM P/N for the 2018 TPMS sensor is BBM2-37-140B, but I spoke with the parts counter at my dealership and third party sensors will work as well (I just ordered four new sensors for $50 USD on eBay, P/N BBM2-37-140A).

This still doesnt allow for pressure readout on each tire right?

Is there any chance Mazda will add some more exterior color choices on Signature for 2019? Would love the blue or the smoky brownish gray or even the Soul Red Crystal. White, Silver and Black are not interesting, and the Machine Gray looks great but is just another colorless shade between white and black.

This still doesnt allow for pressure readout on each tire right?

Right. I have not had a low tire pressure warning yet, but I assume that when one of the tires is low, the warning comes on. The warning probably doesn't specify the PSI of the low tire or identify which tire is low. This is why I always carry a tire pressure gauge in the glove box.

The ABS wheel sensors are good because you don't need to buy extra TPMS sensors if you buy a second set of wheels. The downside to that system is that it relies on the driver to ensure that the tires are at the correct PSI when the TPMS is reset. Also, the ABS sensor system will not register that a tire is low until you have driven on the tires for a little while. This is bad because if your tire is flat, and you drive even a few feet, you can severely damage your tire to the point where you need to replace it (not to mention potential damage to the rim).

Mazdas website has been updated with 2019 info. No pictures though

Last edited:
Mazda.ca has photos.

Ugh, I was browsing the site after looking at the photos and started looking through the 50th Anniversary winners. Someone who purchased from the dealership down the street won the MSRP of his 2018 CX-9 GT! Lucky bastard. lol

Some videos reviews have started popping online...mainly in Australia and Canada. So far, I've heard good things about the suspension upgrades. The camera resolution looks like it sucks, but you get 360... so, idk.
Actually, I think I know what it is... in the previous models, you had a decent wide angle camera...this one since it's 360, it almost gives you like a 180 FOV which creates a lot of distortion, hence making it look like crap.

Last edited:
Has anyone in the forum had the chance to actually test drive a 2018 and a 2019, back to back, to compare the suspension changes? The Australian reviews seems to favor the suspension changes. There was also a somewhat positive feedback on the steering. I was looking for Canadian reviews, since they would seem much closer to US Spec, but can't seem to find one.

I noticed there is no dedicated power folding button for the side mirrors? Or did I miss that. In another video it looks like when you lock/unlock the car the mirrors fold/unfold as they are supposed to.

I noticed there is no dedicated power folding button for the side mirrors? Or did I miss that. In another video it looks like when you lock/unlock the car the mirrors fold/unfold as they are supposed to.

I noticed that too. Looks like you won*t be able to fold the mirrors if you go theu an automated car wash

Yes. The round button for electric mirrors on the drivers door has a *close mirrors* mode.

Can someone find the part number of the springs and struts on a 18 vs 19? Hopefully that might give us more insight on what changed. Bonus if we can find the spring rates of the springs :)

Can someone find the part number of the springs and struts on a 18 vs 19? Hopefully that might give us more insight on what changed. Bonus if we can find the spring rates of the springs :)

They could have also changed the dampers to get different valving, or used different bushings, maybe changed the front and rear sway bars, who knows. Best bet would be to either contact Mazda directly, or get the part numbers from a Mazda dealer's Parts department.

Yes. Canada is considered NA market right? So I would expect the cars to be similar

Sorry, but you said US dealer. And you'd be surprised at how much vehicles vary between the US and Canada. Just because it's on the same continent, doesn't mean they are spec'd the same.

Per Mazda Canada website:

Key Features
SKYACTIV-G 2.5 T 4-cylinder turbo engine with Dynamic Pressure Turbo (DPT)
In addition to GT features:

-Nappa leather-trimmed upholstery with premium stitching detail

-Santos Rosewood-trimmed centre console panel and door switch panel

-Signature grille illumination

-Premium cross-stitching detail on steering wheel

-LED illumination for A/T shifter area accent lighting

-Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror

Per Mazda USA website:

In addition to or replaces Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring features:
  • LED signature grille accent lighting
    [*]Signature badge
  • LED overhead accent lighting
  • Auburn Nappa leather seating and trim
  • Genuine Santos Rosewood inlays
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique stitching

So, no mention of a Signature badge that you were looking for on the 2019 Canadian-spec CX-9 Signature. It seems that it's specific for the US market.

Actually, if you try to search cars.com for 2019 CX-9 Signature inventory, none of the listings have an actual picture. My guess is that the US dealers do not have an actual vehicle yet and that they're all advertising incoming inventory. Who knows, maybe it's that badge that's delaying actual delivery. :)

Last edited:
Back