Are there any options for lowering a 2nd gen CX-9?

Are there any options for lowering a 2nd gen CX-9? Do we share the same suspension as another Mazda?

No lowering options yet, and not likely that any will be released. No idea if components from a CX-5 would fit on the CX-9.. I checked mazda-parts-dealer.com to cross-check spring P/Ns between the 9 and the 5, but they only have the P/N for the CX-9's front springs. I did notice that the spring seat P/Ns are the same, but I didn't look any further than that.

Just thought I'd also mention that I emailed CorkSport and James Barone Racing about possible offerings for the CX-9 last week. I asked if they had any plans to produce parts like air intakes, sway bar upgrades, oil catch cans, anything of that nature.

CorkSport replied to my email yesterday, stating that they would have an answer for me in a couple of weeks, but I emailed them with the same request almost a year ago and they said the same thing back then. The only thing that's available from them currently is an interior LED upgrade kit.

James Barone Racing replied to my email the following day. Here is what they wrote:

"There are no plans in the foreseeable future. Sorry.

Thanks,
James"

I probed a bit further, asking why they weren't planning anything (even though I already knew what his answer would be).

"The cost of R & D is too great to make the return on investment worth it. There are so very few that will actually mod them."

And he's right. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on aftermarket parts for the CX-9. Unfortunately, the niche is not large enough right now.

Back