Only OEM windshield for now.

Were they OEM replacements each time?

Have the wiper heaters, rain sensors and cameras been working as expected since the replacements?

I have a star the size of a quarter that I*m not sure will make it to the shop without cracking. although I did already drive 30 miles back from the mountain with it.

Safelite did the necessary calibration. No problems after installation.

My GTR did not get re-calibrated after either windshield replacement and everything works perfectly.

So far I got lucky and they were able to fill it. Still a visible star, so Im concerned it will eventually crack.

I must say this windshield can take a lot more than the first gen.

This was a pretty big rock. Low speed but big hit.

So far I got lucky and they were able to fill it. Still a visible star, so I*m concerned it will eventually crack.

I must say this windshield can take a lot more than the first gen.

This was a pretty big rock. Low speed but big hit.

From personal experience, if you get the star filled/repaired, it shouldn't crack any further. The first car I had ('84 Chevy Celebrity), I got a star crack from a semi that was throwing up rocks and gravel. It was small, maybe the size of the eraser on a pencil. It happened in the fall, and overnight, the crack expanded all the way across the windshield due to the temperature changes. Since that car, whenever I get a star/chip/crack on my windshields, I get it repaired as quickly as possible.

From personal experience, if you get the star filled/repaired, it shouldn't crack any further. The first car I had ('84 Chevy Celebrity), I got a star crack from a semi that was throwing up rocks and gravel. It was small, maybe the size of the eraser on a pencil. It happened in the fall, and overnight, the crack expanded all the way across the windshield due to the temperature changes. Since that car, whenever I get a star/chip/crack on my windshields, I get it repaired as quickly as possible.

Ive had plenty of chips repaired before but never one with a star like this, so Im just not as not as optimistic.

They didnt say anything one way or the other, so time will tell.

If the star has longer 'rays' they can spread. You can try to drill a tiny hole right at the ends to stop cracking. It can work but I had one spread months later due to being parked in the sun.

The cracks can also be glued and I always try that but sometimes the resin wont soak it. That could be from contamination so once again its always best to apply the resin promptly. You can always scrape excess off later with the razor they give you in the kit.

Back