Only OEM windshield for now.

:
2017 CX-5 GS AWD
Rock cracked my 2017 and replaced with Mazda OEM windshield. No aftermarket one's were in stock by any of the vendors . The OEM has been on backorder.

Mazda dealer charger the glass installer $402 for it. There are at least 5 different part # for windshields in the 2017-2018 CX-5"s. I do not know what retail would be from the dealer.

My Mazda OEM part # is KD2W-63-900B.

My total after their markup and labor , taxes was 628.02.

But they do not have it for the 2017-2018 .

His 2015 had a known windshield issue. The 17/18s I have heard so far do not have this pattern of breakage. The 15s and some 16s cracked due to pressure. Not being hit by a rock but got ruptured under stress.

For your broken one - was the Rock hit pretty significant?

It made a small star on the edge that did not spread for 2 weeks, until I cleaned and applied Rain-X to it. Did NOT press hard but it spread after that without driving.

I just went to Safelite's website for Union City Tn and came up with a windshield for 488 bucks. (shrug)

I don't know if you have HUD or rain sensors or de-icing, but, yeah. Found one near you.

Im still waiting after a week and a half for our glass guy to call back. I suspect he is running into the same issue and the windshield will have to be shipped in.

His 2015 had a known windshield issue. The 17/18s I have heard so far do not have this pattern of breakage. The 15s and some 16s cracked due to pressure. Not being hit by a rock but got ruptured under stress.

No, mine died to a rock chip each time. Went through 2 OEM's. The first OEM lasted me for 3-4mo. The second OEM lasted 2 days. Both were very minor rock hits. The Safelite has been absolutely hammered by rocks, and done great. It isn't install flaw, as Safelite did this one, too. It's bad product/brittle/thin/something to do with the OEM glass.

I've had two CX-5's, a 2013, and a 2015. Only problem so far has been (fingers crossed) a star in the lower left corner of the 2015 windshield. Immediately called insurance guy, and got it patched in two days for $50.00. Holding on so far.

Has anybody here tried the new clear film for the windshield? It is claimed to reduce heat by 43%, and U/V rays, by 99.9%.

Has anybody here tried the new clear film for the windshield? It is claimed to reduce heat by 43%, and U/V rays, by 99.9%.

If there is anyone here that has this, kindly give us the details as I would really like to protect my windshield. I dunno "if" *knock on wood* the next broken windshield will make my insurance increase my deductible since it cost more than $1500 CAD for them replaced the last one.

If there is anyone here that has this, kindly give us the details as I would really like to protect my windshield. I dunno "if" *knock on wood* the next broken windshield will make my insurance increase my deductible since it cost more than $1500 CAD for them replaced the last one.

Pretty sure he's referring to Window Tint.

I've had two CX-5's, a 2013, and a 2015. Only problem so far has been (fingers crossed) a star in the lower left corner of the 2015 windshield. Immediately called insurance guy, and got it patched in two days for $50.00. Holding on so far.

You can get ceramic tints for windshield. It has to be pre shrunk before applying so it costs more. I would say about 250 dollars to get a good ceramic tint done. Or about 70 dollars for the top strip which is ok useful. It will keep a ton of heat out though - it gets applied from the inside and will do nothing to protect the car from rock chips etc.

You can get ceramic tints for windshield. It has to be pre shrunk before applying so it costs more. I would say about 250 dollars to get a good ceramic tint done. Or about 70 dollars for the top strip which is ok useful. It will keep a ton of heat out though - it gets applied from the inside and will do nothing to protect the car from rock chips etc.

Since I was on a budget I had Suntex Carbon XP 80 installed on my windshield. Non carbon. $100 or so added to price of all other windows. Makes a big difference when touching the black dash and steering wheel.

Question for the group: I just got a rock chip on my 2017 GT (no package, no heads up display). Do you guys know if the car has the heated windshield wiper glass? I'm going through Safelite quote and it comes up at $520. I assume Mazda will not cover this even though we bough the car just few months ago and have 4k miles on it.

No, mind died 2x due to a rock hit. The glass was just brittle AF, and I think had internal stresses. My Safelite is nearly bulletproof it seems, has taken a TON of rocks, much larger than the ones that killed my OEMs.

Back