License Plate Bumper Plugs

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
Just did a license plate delete and was looking for ways to plug the screw holes. Checked on ebay and Amazon and all costed over $25.
I found this suggestion on another forum and this mod only costed me $0.50 at my local major home improvement depot style store. lol

Since it has such a small surface, the white blended in with my bumper. But I would imagine if you have other color, you can slightly sand it down and rattle can a generic color and it would still look okay.

IMG_20180725_135635.jpgIMG_20180725_135541.jpgIMG_20180725_135516.jpg

Cheap and easy, like it! I'm really glad the dealer never bothered to drill the front bumper for plates on mine. Still expecting to get pulled over for it though...(peep)

I had the same issue with the emblem holes when I started debadging the liftgate. I found some color matched vinyl stickers online and they work pretty well for the price ($40) versus having to fill sand feather and paint the liftgate.

My FR-S is originally from Hawaii. Over there they had to have a front license plate. In South Carolina we dont need one, so my car has the bracket on it, and no I cant just take it off and have some small little screw holes in it. These are holes cut out of the bumper that are about an inch in diameter. I really would like to get rid of the stupid bracket if anyone has an ideas. Thanks

Back