2016 CX-5 Bumper Cover Plate

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
Just bought my first Mazda the other day. Normally i would stray away from buying a car/suv which was used as a rental, but the deal was too good to pass up. The CX-5 has a few minor scratches from luggage being dragged out of the back, and paint chips on the hood from highway driving.

1. What would you all recommend for paint chips on the front of the car. Go to the dealer for touch up paint, or is there a better online source?

2. Do any of you have good recommendations for a bumper protector? I have seen a few threads on these being installed but not many pictures available. I found one on eBay (see link below), and am thinking this might look more stock than carbon fiber options out there. This would be a budget friendly alternative to repairing the scratches in the bumper from luggage.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I have the same bumper guard that you linked to. I like it. If you do get it I would advise that you also get some 3M VHB tape and add some of that to the corners of the guard before install. I am having a bit of an issue with the corners picking up which causes interference with the lift gate when closed.

I have the same bumper guard that you linked to. I like it. If you do get it I would advise that you also get some 3M VHB tape and add some of that to the corners of the guard before install. I am having a bit of an issue with the corners picking up which causes interference with the lift gate when closed.

Thanks Ride92. I'll definitely get some adhesive if I install. Here is a picture of what I am trying to cover up. Thinking the bumper guard will do the trick.

Attachments

• cx5 bumper.JPG
    cx5 bumper.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 194
Thanks Ride92. I'll definitely get some adhesive if I install. Here is a picture of what I am trying to cover up. Thinking the bumper guard will do the trick.

Yeah, It will cover that up no problem.

Yeah, It will cover that up no problem.

Bumper looks awesome. Thanks for giving me confidence to buy it haha. Car is finally the way it should be after coming off the lot as a rental with some scuffs here and there, missing interior rubber mat in handles, busted fog light etc. Now if only I trusted my wife enough to upgrade the wheels...

1. What would you all recommend for paint chips on the front of the car. Go to the dealer for touch up paint, or is there a better online source?

'Dr. ColorChip' is the best solution for paint chips. A bit more expensive than a pen but works much better. Check the videos on YouTube

Back