Can you run me a lock test? 2018 Touring

:
2023 CX-5S Select
Before I call dealer which is not always fun, can some one try this. Lock auto any way you want. Try liftgate with key in pocket. Opens or locked? Mine opens and only locks with key out of range. Doors are locked. Thanks

Opens. What are you expecting? Seems right to me.

Thank you. I was expecting it to be locked, same as if I tried a door. Sometimes I check to make sure if I locked up and was surprised the liftgate opened.

The liftgate will always open when you are carrying the keyfob, whether the car is locked or unlocked.

And if you have the car in acc mode, it will open when the door is unlocked and it won't if the door is locked regardless if you have the key fob with you or not.

The liftgate will always open when you are carrying the keyfob, whether the car is locked or unlocked.

Correct, my 2014 works this way as well. If your doors are locked and you have the fob the lift gate will open. When you close it, it will return to the lock position so no worries walking away.

Sounds normal and this is how all 3 of our CX-5's have worked..

Opens, as the manual states. There is also a door unlock button on the lift gate that I've never used.

Back