You know when you're tired when..

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
You know you're tired when...you come out of work and climb into the car. There's something white that won't wash off with the windshield wipers. You look and you think it's got to be some stone chips.

Have dinner with the better half and some friends. Come out and he peers at it and declares it's bird droppings. I get the spare wipe-up cloth and and the windshield washer sprayer bottle from the back of the car. Lol and behold, it's gone.

I spent the entire dinner thinking I would have to find a place to fix the windshield. And was trying to understand how it could have been chipped by sitting in the parking lot.

It's been a brutal week.

You know you're tired when...you come out of work and climb into the car. There's something white that won't wash off with the windshield wipers. You look and you think it's got to be some stone chips.

Have dinner with the better half and some friends. Come out and he peers at it and declares it's bird droppings. I get the spare wipe-up cloth and and the windshield washer sprayer bottle from the back of the car. Lol and behold, it's gone.

I spent the entire dinner thinking I would have to find a place to fix the windshield. And was trying to understand how it could have been chipped by sitting in the parking lot.

It's been a brutal week.

You are not alone.................

Just 2 nights ago I was washing my 2016 MX-5 in the driveway. It was quickly getting dark because a very bad thunder and lighting storm was moving in very rapidly.

I was still in the process of rinsing off the soap when I realized that for my own safety and possibly the safety of my MX-5, due to possible hail, I had to get the car into the garage immediately. It was already starting to blow with stinging rain and dirt in the air.

I jumped into the car and hit the starter button. Nothing. I hit it again and still nothing. Oh crap, I am in trouble and the lightning is hitting very close now. Okay, one more time. I hit the starter button and NOTHING!!!

I started screaming for my wife to come out and help me. She came running and between the two of us, we managed to push the car into the garage. It was a bit up hill and was very difficult without power steering but we managed to get it done and without being struck by lighting.

Once in the garage, I immediately closed the big door and felt lucky to be alive. In the meantime, my wife went back into the house. Both of us were soaked from the rain by now.

While attempting to dry off the car while in the garage to possibly save some of my wash job, I was wondering why the car wouldn't start and began contemplating a dead battery. But why would a car with less than 10,000 miles have a dead battery already when just a few hours ago, we had gone for a ride and all was well when we got home.

Then it hit me. Actually, it hit me in the eye. My eye saw my Proximity Key FOB laying on the work bench, in the garage. It was not laying on the front seat like I thought it was.

Duhhhhhhhhh.

When I got back in the house a while later, my wife asked me if I figured out what was wrong with the car. I was not going to say anything but because she asked, I couldn't lie.

I told her the battery had gone dead..........just kidding. I actually told her the truth and felt really stupid doing it.

Last edited:
Any particular reason why you're doing this? :)

Something to do with "cold cranking amps." :D

I've often observed that the unbearable burden of being the human animal is this nasty self-awareness that we carry around.

Dogs don't tell stories of the time they stalked a rabbit and it ended up being a discarded rag. I doubt they even remember it.

Latest posts

Back