Mazda OEM Wheel options for 2017+

Zeppelin89

:
2018 Mazda Cx-5 GS
Hey everyone, just got a new 2018 mazda cx-5. Absolutely loving it! Out in Canada so starting to look for wheel options for the winter (trying to avoid steelies), also considering swapping out the stock all seasons 17s at some point as I'm not a huge fan of the Grey wheels on my machine Grey color car.

SO question is what are the best Mazda OEM Wheel options?, I've seen some posts about the Mazda 6, 3"l, but not much about using 1st gen cx-5 wheels?

Thanks in advance!

If I were you and not afraid of spending some money, I'd get OEM gen-1 CX-5 19" GT wheels for summer use. You may get lucky on eBay finding these wheels and tires with good tread left. Dump or sell your crappy OE 17" tires and use the rim for winter tires.

I'd maybe take a look at this thread to see if there's something you like.

As mentioned by others, keep the OEM 17's for your winter tires, sell the summer tires to offset the difference for a pair of summer wheels.

Last edited:
Hi,
Im in the sane dilemma as you, living in Montral here.

I found a set on CX5 GT 2016 for sell cheap but they need a paint job. I will get those for summer et use my 17'' that I got with the truck for winter.
The only thing I wasnt sure, is that I saw online that the offset for the 2018 was +45mm and it was +50mm for 2016...
I will take off a Wheel and check on the back if the information is there.

Wow thanks for all the great replies. So sounds like the consensus "premium" option is to use Ist gen 19s as summer wheels then keep the stock Grey 17s as the winters.

How about some "frugal" options haha, are there older (or current) gens of the 3, 6, cx-5, cx9, even mpv and cx7 whose wheels might work with ours with little issues with speedometer etc?

Hi,
Im in the sane dilemma as you, living in Montral here.

I found a set on CX5 GT 2016 for sell cheap but they need a paint job. I will get those for summer et use my 17'' that I got with the truck for winter.
The only thing I wasnt sure, is that I saw online that the offset for the 2018 was +45mm and it was +50mm for 2016...
I will take off a Wheel and check on the back if the information is there.

Yah this is a big one I'm trying to figure out, how compatible are these. I might do the opposite, get the old gen gs or gx tires for winter and keep the nice new 17"s as summer since they're brand new.

Just about any other wheel from a Mazda model will work as the center bore and bolt pattern are all the same.

There are differences with the offset but not radically enough to cause any rubbing unless you are lowered or some other custom suspension work.

Doing a search on Kijiji for the GTA will yield a lot of results. The thread I mentioned above shows some using RX-8 wheel or even the older 2004-2006 17" Mazda 3 GT wheels.

If you're going to look for winter wheels, pick up a cheaper set and get them Powder coated which will reduce the slow leaks down the road with the salt water causing Aluminum to pit on the bead area of the wheel.

Last edited:
Hey I might be able to get a good deal on CX-7 17s, any feedback on how those fit on the new Cx-5?

Hey I might be able to get a good deal on CX-7 17s, any feedback on how those fit on the new Cx-5?

Ok answered my own question folks, see below for the list of other Mazdas that have the exact same Bolt pattern / offset / bore as the 2018 Stock OEM 17s:

Source: https://www.wheel-size.com/
Mazda (9)
Biante (2008 - 2008)
CX-7 (2009 - 2012)
CX-9 (2006 - 2015)
Mazda8 (2006 - 2016)
MPV (2006 - 2016)
MX-6 (1992 - 1998)
Protege5 (2001 - 2004)
Tribute (2000 - 2011)

Back