Newcomer

Arcokallio

:
Maxda
Hey! So Im a newcomer looking to purchase her own mazda6 to modify and Im looking for somebodys input. What year does everyone drive and how was the mod process like? Im stuck on what year I want, and any advice or stories or input would be appreciated!
Thanks!

I've got a 2016 GT bought new in August of 2015 (no iELoop option). I still love the car and have no complaints at all. Some say it needs more power but I find passing slow drivers clogging up the left lane on the interstate no problem to pass when I blast by in the right lane. For the content you get and the style I still feel the 6 is hard to beat for what you pay.

All I've done is tint the windows and add a hitch to mount my bike rack to. I've found mileage varies depending on driving habits. My mileage always seemed low compared to others but I recently took a trip from SC to Washington DC and had no schedule I needed to meet so I drove much more relaxed and my mileage jumped up considerably. For a bit I was over 38 mpg. I finished the 500 mile drive at 36.9 mpg but there were 3 traffic delays due to accidents. I probably would have had about 37.5 mpg if there were no delays and I was driving in the low 70's with cruise control most of the time. I thought that was pretty awesome.

I always use full synthetic oil changed every 5k miles. Maybe that is too often but keeping clean oil in the engine is cheap insurance to me. I'm currently just under 32k miles on the car.

Last edited:
Back