Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 153

Thread: Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

  1. #46
    Registered Member

    2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    77
    God yes, couldn’t agree more!

  2. #47
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,879

    Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    So found these. What's the difference between these??? Both found on Mazdastuff

    $10.67 Option 1

    $14.15 Option 2
    Option 2 is the right ATF. The price has gone up a lot from mazdastuff!

    0000-FZ-113E-01 Mazda Genuine Part Number 0000-FZ-113E-01 | Atf Type-Fz
    6 $10.72 $64.32

  3. #48
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Guess I'll keep looking.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 75k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

  4. #49
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Priced around locally and all dealers around here were $14.89 to $14.95 per qt.

  5. #50
    i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    '15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    4,578
    Blog Entries
    8
    Looking at my 2016 order... it was $12.42 quart on Amazon via Avondale Mazda
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 45K Miles

  6. #51
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Looking at my 2016 order... it was $12.42 quart on Amazon via Avondale Mazda
    Not finding any for them anymore.

    Looks like around $15 to be the going price these days. May just buy some locally to avoid shipping. The ones on Amazon are closer to $20.

    I am seeing a lot of parts number: MEXH-FZ-113E-01 for around $10. Any idea what this is? Mexican value parts FZ perhaps? Weird.

  7. #52
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,879

    Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Not finding any for them anymore.

    Looks like around $15 to be the going price these days. May just buy some locally to avoid shipping. The ones on Amazon are closer to $20.

    I am seeing a lot of parts number: MEXH-FZ-113E-01 for around $10. Any idea what this is? Mexican value parts FZ perhaps? Weird.
    Just checked many sites used to sell $10+ and now they're selling $23+ per quart on 0000-FZ-113E-01! Is it because the trade war now is going on?

    Not sure about MEXH-FZ-113E-01 as I couldn't find any image of it. But I did see someone mentioned it at Bob is the Oil Guy back in Jan. 2013.

  8. #53
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Just checked many sites used to sell $10+ and now they're selling $23+ per quart on 0000-FZ-113E-01! Is it because the trade war now is going on?

    Not sure about MEXH-FZ-113E-01 as I couldn't find any image of it. But I did see someone mentioned it at Bob is the Oil Guy back in Jan. 2013.
    Weird. Well I guess I will grab locally for $14.89/qt. How many quarts you think I need?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #54
    i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    '15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    4,578
    Blog Entries
    8
    0000-FZ-113E-01 was PN for fluid I purchased in 2016.

    https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...z-0000fz113e01
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #55
    i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    '15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    4,578
    Blog Entries
    8
    Who would have thought AT fluid was an investment opportunty
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #56
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    0000-FZ-113E-01 was PN for fluid I purchased in 2016.

    https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...z-0000fz113e01
    Wow, thank you for the link!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  12. #57
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,879

    Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Weird. Well I guess I will grab locally for $14.89/qt. How many quarts you think I need?
    Mazda factory service manual says 3.5~5 quarts for drain and fill. This's something I really hate. Honda simply tells me exact 3.1 quarts for ATF drain and fill on my CR-V, no range!

    Most people use 4.5~4.7 quarts. So if you plan to do drain-and-fill twice, you need 10 bottles of FZ ATF.

    Make sure to measure your ATF level at proper ATF temperature.(122°F). Most likely you'll find it's low from factory.

    Try to access from bottom side if possible without taking the airbox out.

    If you have time, read this thread, especially post #1 by Chris_Top_Her, and post #89 and #98 by tomcat1446:

    ATF Drain/Fill

  13. #58
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Mazda factory service manual says 3.5~5 quarts for drain and fill. This's something I really hate. Honda simply tells me exact 3.1 quarts for ATF drain and fill on my CR-V, no range!

    Most people use 4.5~4.7 quarts. So if you plan to do drain-and-fill twice, you need 10 bottles of FZ ATF.

    Make sure to measure your ATF level at proper ATF temperature.(122°F). Most likely you'll find it's low from factory.

    Try to access from bottom side if possible without taking the airbox out.

    If you have time, read this thread, especially post #1 by Chris_Top_Her, and post #89 and #98 by tomcat1446:

    ATF Drain/Fill
    Thank you!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #59
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,594
    OK, another stupid question...

    I have a pretty basic drain pan I've been using for my oil changes. What are you using for transmission changes, and specifically, what are you using to measure the amount of fluid being drained? It's not like I have an empty oil jug or anything.

  15. #60
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,879

    Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    OK, another stupid question...

    I have a pretty basic drain pan I've been using for my oil changes. What are you using for transmission changes, and specifically, what are you using to measure the amount of fluid being drained? It's not like I have an empty oil jug or anything.
    I usually save a couple of empty engine oil quarter bottles for fluid measurement. Or you can get some drain pan with measurement, or large-sized kitchen container with measurement. I'd only get an approximate measurement of drained ATF from the first run which is the baseline, then making some adjustment on ATF level at proper temperature. Taking a read on ATF level before the fluid change is important as it would be a baseline for later measurement. If you plan to make ATF drain and file more than once, nothing needs to be precise until the last drain-and-fill. And re-use the old drain plug washer until the last drain and put the new one on.

    Make sure to read 3 Mazda official drain-and-fill documents attached in post #114 of ATF Drain/Fill thread by Anchorman.

    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Don't know how to on the Android but Chris_Top_Her did it. Thanks for adding some photos!

    SomeToolsUsed.PNG

    saftey1st.PNG

    Dual oil change.PNG

    4InchFunnel.PNG

    4quarts.PNG

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transmission Fluid and Filter
    By upthemiddle in forum Mazda2 Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM
  2. transmission fluid change
    By abkdt41 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM
  3. Tranny fluid and filter change how to????
    By Expygator in forum CX-9 How-To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 10:53 PM
  4. How to change transmission fluid
    By volks1218 in forum Mazda5 How-To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
  5. transmission fluid change
    By samsel450r in forum Mazda3 How-To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 05:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •