Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Yeah I just requested 3 kits, so we'll see what happens. I want to do a UOA of the CX5 engine oil, and also of my 94 Integra GSR with 365,000 miles and original engine internals, in which I use Mobil1 0w30 changed once a year or 6,000 miles (lately it's seen less than 5,000 miles/year). It loses about a quart of oil in 6 months, but hopefully that will change here in the next few weeks after I replace the oil pan gasket on that car.
    I've been having some good UOA's on my engine oil (2 done now). But I did notice I was a quart low on my last change. I usually just put in a 5 quart jug of 0W20 and last change I drained a bit over 4 quarts. Was about a 6600 mile interval if I recall.

If I push to a 7500 interval, I plan on checking and adding a quart at 5k if it needs it.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 75k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

丿
    So our 2014 CX5 Touring has 84K miles on it now, purchased with 53K on it. I've never touched the auto gearbox so far, so I'm guessing it's due for some fresh ATF. Not looking forward to having to buy enough OEM fluid for 3 drain/refills.
    At 84K miles I may still get the ATF changed for the first time if I were you. 3 drain-and-refills are good but itís getting pretty expensive even if you DIY. Yeah definitely get the 83K-mile factory ATF analyzed and let us know the result.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    I've been having some good UOA's on my engine oil (2 done now). But I did notice I was a quart low on my last change. I usually just put in a 5 quart jug of 0W20 and last change I drained a bit over 4 quarts. Was about a 6600 mile interval if I recall.

If I push to a 7500 interval, I plan on checking and adding a quart at 5k if it needs it.
    Said it before, try some 5W-30 oil, which is one of the Mazdaís recommended viscosities worldwide by the way, next time and it should slow down your oil consumption、and reduce oil and moisture in the blow-by gas.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Said it before, try some 5W-30 oil, which is one of the Mazdaís recommended viscosities worldwide by the way, next time and it should slow down your oil consumption、and reduce oil and moisture in the blow-by gas.
    Yeah forgot about that. May give it a go next change.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Yeah forgot about that. May give it a go next change.
    If you do, please let us know if there's any noticeable difference in your gas mileage.
    Curious, but bet it won't be much.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    If you do, please let us know if there's any noticeable difference in your gas mileage.
    Curious, but bet it won't be much.
    Fleet averages are where it matters. 1/3mpg wont matter to you or me, but across 200 vehicles...

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    What is best price one is finding for the fluid at now?

I reached out to Matt @ oemvehicleparts and he is offering 33% off "shipping" with code: MAZDAS247

https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...z-0000fz113e01

Fluid is priced at $10.08 at his site and I notice he doesn't charge a handling fee like some do. This would apply to all parts.
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 45K Miles

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post

I reached out to Matt @ oemvehicleparts and he is offering 33% off "shipping" with code: MAZDAS247

Fluid is priced at $10.08 at his site and I notice he doesn't charge a handling fee like some do. This would apply to all parts.
    Good price if shipping is reasonable. My fluid was $14.99/qt.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    I need to get on this AT fluid swap... I have the fluid just trying to find some time to do it. Lots of auto maintenance piling up and now need to get my sleds ready for winter.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Price you found is the best that I have seen. I paid about $11 a quart at Headquarter Mazda back in April (Orlando area).

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Well of COURSE, I changed the engine oil in our car last weekend and forgot to take a sample to use for analysis whenever the kits come in. DOH!
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 366K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 84K miles, the family hauler!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Holy crap is it really that cheap there? I checked on the GF-5 0w-20 moly oil, $6.05 a quart!!! Case of 12 on Amazon is over 100, but from this place it would only be 75-ish, unless they get you on shipping.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Got my 3 Blackstone sample kits today. Now I need to get around to ordering the ATF. 12 quarts is it?

Arrow Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

Got my 3 Blackstone sample kits today. Now I need to get around to ordering the ATF. 12 quarts is it?
    If you plan to do drain-and-fill 3 times, you may be able to get by with 11 quarts of Mazda ATF FZ. You need 3.5~3.8 quarts for each drain-and-fill. So you can put 3.5 quarts for the first two, with 4 quarts left ready for the final run. You only install new drain plug washer in final ATF change too.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

I used 11 quarts with my 3 drain and fills. My first drain of factory fill was 3.5 qts. Subsequent drains were whatever amount I replaced that fluid in. My factory fill was low so that was a little bit of experimenting on my part.

Replacing that 3.5 qts with 3.7 qts ended up being the magic number on mine. YMMV though so do your own proper measurements.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast